Subject Author Posted Replies

OT 1TB flash drive for £8.50 on Ebay
A friend of mine emailed me to say he's bought a 1TB flash drive on Ebay fo r £8.50 and can't get it to work. The seller has offered to refund 50% of his payment and let him keep it!! I've not bought...
15
15

Chromecast
I've been given a Chromecast unit by someone who found it too much hassle and just duplicated features on his TV. I understand it used to work OK for him from an iPad. I've had it in its box for about...
6
6

Instructions for paint spraying.
A repair it isn't obvious is a repair?
42
42

OT: China's 37th reactor enters commercial operation
So much for reneable energy Unit 4 of the Fuqing nuclear power plant in China's Fujian province has completed commissioning tests and now meets the conditions for entering commercial operation, China...
15
15

Tubeless Tires Market Report 2017 - by Type Vehicle Types (Two-Wheeler, Passenger Car and Commercial Vehicle) and Rim Size
Request Sample Copy is Available at   Tubeless Tyres are the tyres which have no inner tubes and the outer surface of the tubeless tyre makes an air tight sealing with metal rim. The tubeless tyres...
12
12

Metro tiles
What is the current fascination with recreating the 60' public convenience look in the home...? You try buy tiles, and everyone is trying to flog these fugly things!
13
13

Translucent no more
Just saw a new advert for a company that builds solid insulated roofs onto conservatories. Is any consideration given by them to cutting off daylight to internal rooms?
7
7

Bell push.
Fitted a new one today - illuminated. But a rather feeble yellow glow - not really obvious in daylight. And a reason for an illuminated one was to try and tell a delivery type it works, and ring it...
11
11

Roof style
I have noticed a trend in my area for houses to have the end gable walls extending higher than the roof. In one development this led to problems of damp soaking into the capping and into the bedrooms....
10
10

Heavy Duty Sealant Gun
Heads up Purchased today in Wiko (Ex Wilkinson) a heavy duty sealant gun for £6 Its appears to be good quality It takes the short and long tubes of "stick like shit" etc. There is a blade in-build to...
3
3

Garage Electrical supply
I am in the process of purchasing a garage that whilst on the same street as my house is a few doors down, so there is no possibility of a direct connection to the existing supply. I have instead been...
18
18

Energy fixes
My current deal is until July 2018, with only a quid or two a month to be saved by switching (and probably nothing taking exit fees into account). Just logged into current provider to enter readings...
1
1

Re: Unplugging a pcb plug
I could be wrong, but I would have expected to have to prise it out at 90deg to the wires, ie towards the camera. Some PCB headers do not unplug at all, but that one looks like it does.
7
7

OT Healthy Sweets
I've just opened a packet of Rountrees Fruit Pastilles with "30% less sugar" As some of you may guess - each pastille is 2/3rds the size of the original.
17
17

OT: What's happened to Simon Mason ?.
He's gone very quiet recently.