Plug in rodent repellers

There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent activity.
Do the plug in repellers work?

Some people think so. Not sure their efficacy has ever been proven though. Personally I doubt it.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Nope. Poison does.
On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Yes.

Nope, none of mine have.

Not for long though. Once they’ve shrivelled up and dried up the smell goes.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

I find they don’t stink at all.
And my nose isnt fucked either, noticed the distinctive smell when one of my neighbours stopped his diesel ute with his engine running while talking to someone there outside his ute in the park/walk way next to my house.
No. They piss off guide dogs though. Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things. Find the food source, cut it off then try traps. Brian
--
----- --

Not poison they arent.

Poison works a lot better.

I'll add another 'no', based on a relative's experience of using them.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 05/08/2018 10:47, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

My neighbour tried one (we get mice every harvest time).
It worked for nearly a week.
Andy

Only if you unplug them and throw them with a good aim.
One type of trap I have had reasonable success with is electronic
http://www.victorpest.co.uk/shop/rat-control/electronic-traps
Neck breakers can be effective but often the buggers can take the bait without tripping them.
A useful thing to find out where the run is if it is not obvious such as in a loft with a lot of insulation Is a wildlife trap camera that can work in the dark, one may help see where they are getting access so it can be blocked and if it a mouse ( get a cat) or a Rat ( get a Terrier).
GH
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times. Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem to be bothered.
As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 04/08/2018 21:27, R D S wrote:

For repelling Elephants yes . We plugged one in about a six months ago (didn't buy it MiL went into a home so we 'inherited' it) since that time we have had zero elephants in the living room, proof positive that it works as an Elephant repeller, but as for Mice it probably doesn't work (but we haven't seen any mice either). Being rural we used to get field mice a lot but this time of year they seem to prefer all the fresh fruit and Berries and all the fresh air,( may well be a different story come winter).

No The one I tried didn't
Brian
--
Brian Howie