Electronic Rodent Repellers?

Anyone have any experience (pro/con) with the ultrasonic rodent repellers which you plug-in and supposedly drive mice out of your home?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Art

Reply to
Art

Yeah. A friend of mine made millions manufacturing them. They don't work.

Reply to
dadiOH

???

I never heard of an electronic cat.

Reply to
HeyBub

Of the countless people I have come across in my business that have bought them over the years I know of no one that was satisfied they worked though on these newsgroups you will see many who say they work great. Google "FTC sonic device" and you should find their complaints against the manufacturers of the devices.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Only effective if you have electronic rodents ;^)

which you plug-in and supposedly drive mice out

Reply to
Eric

on 8/31/2007 9:55 AM Art said the following:

They don't work. I put one in my 12' x 16', 1 room pool cabana. I still caught mice in my non-lethal traps, which were also used at the same time.

Reply to
willshak

My wife wont let me unplug ours which she bought from someone shilling it as an ant repellent. I want to unplug it because I am afraid it might be driving the dog nuts, as dogs can hear those high frequencies. They dont do crap. Maybe mine will "accidentally" get hit hard by the vacuum cleaner some day and have to be unplugged for electrical safety reasons, (yeah that's the ticket;).

Reply to
RickH

Have had one in my house for several years. Maybe coincidence ... but no mice hanging around. I assume the device is doing something.

Reply to
Jacque Asse

I know someone who tried those once. There was no noticeable effect at all (other than the missing money :-)).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

If you clean up after yourself and don't leave any electrons laying around, the electronic rodents will starve to death.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

No, it's the lack of a food supply that does that... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

"Jacque Asse" wrote in news:RtXBi.7$tY2.6@trndny01:

I'll bet you don't have any Bengal tigers either. Guess it keeps those away as well.

Reply to
kpg*

Hey...be patriotic, please. Defective cause and effect relationships are behind our foreign policy, after all. Have a little respect.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:GNZBi.15051$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Toupe...I mean touche

Reply to
kpg*

They are money makers for those who sell them. Not so good for those who buy them. Aside from getting a frisky cat, poison and traps are your best choices.

Reply to
Phisherman

You beat me to it. I was going to say they repel elephants since I never had any running around my family room but mice, no ;)

Frank

Reply to
Frank

They don't work to repel pests, but if you connect your TV to it, they turn you electrical system into a whole house antenna.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

Computer mice ;^)

which you plug-in and supposedly drive mice out

Reply to
Harry

And I haven't seen a centaurean hyperskunk in over 30 centuries.

Reply to
Sam E

Although you may have to have your house resized and aimed.

Reply to
Harry