Electronic mouse repellers

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers? There's some snake oil around (e.g. the "electromagnetic" repeller that "penetrates walls, ceilings, and floors") but do the ultrasonic ones actually work?

The problem exists only in our kitchen and laundry room, which would be very difficult to seal. SWMBO uses 'bait' with some success but it needs constant attention and seems unfriendly. One repeller in each place would be better, if they worked.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I'vev heard they work for a few weeks then the mice get used to them and they have little effect. I've seen them in B here and Queue .

I've found amazon a good source of reviews on various products,worth a quick check as maybe some products are better than others. I'm guessing a cat isn;t a suitable choice.

whisky-dave

I'vev heard they work for a few weeks then the mice get used to them and they have little effect. I've seen them in B here and Queue .

I've found amazon a good source of reviews on various products,worth a quick check as maybe some products are better than others. I'm guessing a cat isn;t a suitable choice.

We had a problem with mice last year they were eating our beetroot in the garden yes I am being serious

wilkinson mousetrap x 2 crunchy peanut butter

5 days 30+ mice no more problem

on some occasions I did not have time to get back to the house before the trap went off

Regards

Reply to
TMC

We used to(*) get mice in every autumn when it started to get cold. Tried ultrasonic repeller thingies can't say they made a blind bit of difference.

We would live trap and deport up onto the fells several miles from any habitation, the little blighters can take their chances with the birds of prey, stoats, etc... As an experiment I tried switching one of the ultrasonic devices on/off whilst observing a mouse in the cage. It would certainly make 'em jump when switched on but had no other obvious effect. I guess it might keep them away from an open area, just like we wouldn't like to be in close proximity to a pneumatic drill unless we had a good reason to be there. A source of easy food would be a good reason...

Not had mice in since the cat adopted us...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Some friends bought several, and they did absolutely nothing to keep mice out. I also had concerns about the sound they generate - just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it can't damage your hearing. They also had two under-5's, and I was concerned what the sound might do to their hearing. Eventually, they got rid of them, I'm pleased to say.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No, Can't say we've noticed it making a difference to the mice that come into the house

Reply to
chris French

I take it you do not like children then?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

He probably does, but like me, he can't eat a full one :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Can't you just unplug it and put it away in a cupboard? ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

USB or PS2?

Reply to
Mark

A bluetooth one would keep working though, well until the batteries went.

Reply to
whisky-dave