Mouse Stain Off Oak Floor?

Anyone have any advice as to how to get the stain of a dead mouse off my oak floor? Regular household cleaners don't help at all. This is a dark, black-looking spot on the floor where the mouse must have bled after it died (I don't know for sure).

I have been told to use some Oxi products, but I cannot find them anywhere, including Walmart, Target, Ace Hardware, etc. They all stare at me when I ask for any product including the word Oxi. I think this is a bleach product.

Thanks for any help !!

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Go to a good hardware store like ACE Hardware and ask for oxalic acid and also ask them how to use it properly. Des

Reply to
Des Perado

I'm not the hydrogen-peroxide fanatic, but it *is* good on bloodstains.

Oxi-Clean and its relatives are now commonly available. Clorox is marketing "Oxi-magic" as a stain remover. Oxi-Clean is quite good with organic stains -- sure cleans out a teapot. The TV demos show fruit juices being neutralized. If your WalMart doesn't know what Oxi-Clean is, call for a manager.

Reply to
Frogleg

The Walmarts around here sell Oxi-Clean. You can also buy it at most grocery stores where laundry products are sold. I don't know how safe it would be for wood though.

Reply to
Scout Lady

Water color after you bleach it then revarnish.

What do you mean by water color it first please ??

Thanks !!

--James--

----------------

Water color after you bleach it then revarnish.

Reply to
James Nipper

I'm not a wood expert.

I'm pretty sure there's one in rec.woodworking who could help you out. I've crossposted it there in violation of god knows how many usenet rules of etiquette. (Apparently it's on a par with post forging.)

Oh well - I'd like to know too, as I take great pleasure in ridding my home of vermin (Not to be confused with "wimmin", mind you.) As such, this post really caught my eye - especially since I recently went *medieval* on those that used to taunt me by frolicing on my basement drop cieling. Since then, I haven't heard a pitter nor a patter in well nigh several weeks. It was a hard fought battle at the beginning though. One of the little suckers was able to make it fully to the other side of a three foot drop panel with the trap around its neck before packing it in. I was looking and looking for the trap, and then out of the corner of my eye - about an inch from my ear - I saw his gruesome little mug. That little f**cker scared me right off the ladder.

JP

***************** "You all right down there....?"

"Yeah, I'm fine!!"

Reply to
Jay Pique

Thanks JP !! Let me know if you hear from rec.woodworking

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

tried muriatic acid?

Reply to
Bridger

It's iron stain. Oxalic acid (Barkeeper's Friend) should help.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oxalic acid. You can buy it at the grocery or Walmart under the product "BarKeepers Friend". I haven't used it on mouse corpses, but it has taken up quite a few other stains.

Reply to
bob