YIKES! Hardwood Floor Stains..Help...contest inside....win money.

So, we were appalled that anyone would paint hardwood floors white. But then we rented the drum sander and now it's abundantly clear why they painted them. 2-3 patches of animal pee stains. Now that we've gone to all of this trouble, work, and money, I really don't want to have to lay carpet down or paint the floor again. Does anyone have any alternatives? Bleach? A dark stain? The floors are oak. Anyone who comes up with an idea that A) we use and B) works, will receive $5. How exciting! Get in your ideas now! (Thank you, I'm grovelling, and desperate, jeb

Reply to
Jeb Sawyer

Cut out the stains - replace w/ a marquee.

Reply to
Rob V
15% Clorox in water to bleach.
Reply to
Rumpty

Reply to
dickhealy

Pee on the rest of the floor to even things out.

:)

HTH

;)

Reply to
John

If the stains want sand out you could try bleaching. If that does not work remove the stained boards and replace them.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Rushing

In article , apt snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jeb Sawyer) writes: |> So, we were appalled that anyone would paint hardwood floors white. |> But then we rented the drum sander and now it's abundantly clear why |> they painted them. 2-3 patches of animal pee stains. Now that we've |> gone to all of this trouble, work, and money, I really don't want to |> have to lay carpet down or paint the floor again. Does anyone have |> any alternatives? Bleach? A dark stain? The floors are oak. Anyone |> who comes up with an idea that A) we use and B) works, will receive |> $5. How exciting! Get in your ideas now! |> (Thank you, I'm grovelling, and desperate, |> jeb

We had the same problem. We simply left the stains, and describe them as part of the house's "character". Since it was built in 1880, it's entitled to a few odd areas.

Reply to
David Wittenberg