update-hardwood floor stains

In May I posted a question about removing stains from a hardwood floor and am pleased to be able to say that the suggestions I recieved from Brenda, Gary, and Lloyd were put to use with great success. The stains were removed with wood bleach (the two-part kit), and oxalic acid. Some areas needed more than one application, some areas needed both products, but all the stains were removed. The treated parts of the floor are now lighter in color than the rest, but I think with time, wear, and ground in dust they will eventually blend. I had a quote of $4000.00 from a professional, but with your help it cost around $50.00 (not counting my labor-which was days!). It isn't perfect, but it's good enough-which is as good as I think most things need to be. Thanks to all- Karla

Reply to
filly

Hi Karla

We are glad you were able to alleviate the stains to your satisfaction.

Flooring sealers and coatings yellow over time, it won't be long before everything blends back to normal.

TTUL Gary

"filly" verbositized:

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.