My Aquarius 1100, old and dearly loved, will not start. It does occasionally and I think the problem is to do with the on-off switch or the door catch. Any ideas?

It also makes a noise when spinning - the bearings?
On 06/08/2018 12:14, PGA wrote:

Could be.
Years ago, we had an old machine (Servis I think- we bought it s/h when we were students). It 'rattled' when spinning. The motor bolts weren't tight and one of the counter weights wasn't secure. A few minutes with a socket set and some Locktite and all was well.
On 06/08/18 12:14, PGA wrote:

yeah. Mine occasionally needs the door banging shut
Everything makes a noise when spinning.
Especially Peter Mandleson
And he cant even get water out of your clothes.

The people of Hartlepool should have elected the monkey.
On 06/08/2018 13:28, Brian Reay wrote:

and hung the crab instead ?.

It would help if you recorded the noise with your phone and posted a link to that in dropbox etc.
It could be something loose that has come from a pocket or the cat trapped inside the machine.

I had one of these for over 20 years. It was still working when I replaced it. Brushes wear down and make intermittent contact and so won't start unless you hit the motor. I also replaced the drum spider, which broke including the bearing. Not difficult.
Brian
--
Brian Howie