Name for Wall Construction

My 1988 house has the upstairs walls made of plasterboard. They are only 2inches thick. There were constructed by using a batten on the ceiling and on the floor and nailing a plasterboard panel to them. Scraps of plasterboard were dabbed on and then the other panel was stuck onto the other side and nailed to the top and bottom.
I need to be talking with some builders - is there a common name for this type of construction that I should be using (other than crap)?
DerbyBorn wrote:

I thought you were going to describe "paramount board" with its egg-carton between two sheets of plasterboard ...

... but I've never heard of that method
On Monday, 6 August 2018 17:55:13 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

I'd just describe it, I'm not convinced it's common enough to have any name other than bodge.
If they're 2" your batten must be all of 1" or 1.25"!
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The battens and egg-boxes for my paramount walls are about 42mm, so with two layers of 12.5mm PB the total is 67mm, probably 2 and 5/8ths in old money when it was built.
On 06/08/2018 18:27, Andy Burns wrote:

Probably done to allow the property to meet minimum room sizes regs that were in force at the time while keeping the overall house size to a minimum.

Sounds like the sort of partition panels used in modern offices.
These are two sheets of plasterboard with some sort of lath or egg box material fixing them together. CAn be easily moved.
If you lean on any upstairs wall made this way you can feel it give. The only place where its more substantial seems to be door frames. The houses near me were half finished, then the builder went under than somebody else finished them off, and I suspect a similar thing has gone on all over the place to save money! Brian
--
----- --

Brian - the door frames extend to the ceiling and have a glass panel in them. Obviously the frame gives rigidity.
On Monday, 6 August 2018 17:55:13 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

Sounds like a bodge job to me.

The walls look good - just fragile and no sound insulation.

I understand that had an egg box type infil. Mine doesn't. Walls 2" thick .

Just stuck on scraps of plasterboard to create the spacing

kwality

I liked Bellrock partitions ...hell to fix into though ......
On 06/08/2018 17:55, DerbyBorn wrote:

Sounds like a cheapskate version of dry walling.
Well its common crap as many of the 1970 homes near me seem to do this as well. Brian
--
----- --