Subject Author Posted Replies

Lighting wiring
Would these save enough time for a pro to justify £5/light? Or would apprentices still manage to fuck them up somehow?
17
17

Steel Soil Pipe with welded joints
I've never seen this before, where a 4" soil pipe must have been factory made. This was fitted into a 1960/70s council house. Sorry the photos are poor, too many cobwebs etc. Vertical pipe on left...
2
2

Tap handle loose
It' a mixer, left for hot, right for cold, lift for on, down for off, with a rotating spout to direct the flow. The handle is becoming a little loose, there is a bit of free up and down motion befoe...
9
9

Advice on Phones
I currently have a simple phone on EE (Samsung folding) There are times when I would like to be able to text easily (currently choose one letter from 3) and look on internet I have talked to EE and...
67
67

How does Bowden cable work
Hi all I need to extend the Bowden cable for my bath pop-up waste. I have got a re placement cable and now struggling to fit it. The old cable is terminated a t each end with a brass fitting which...
33
33

Thunderbird
As on topic as anything else in here.... On clicking the *get messages button*, what have I done to lose the reassuring information that there are *no messages*? Not a problem if messages download of...
6
6

Wiring a cooker hood
Having found a supplier of carbon filters, I need to mount our new (to us!) cooker hood, which replaces an older non working hood. There is a 13 amp socket in the wall, used by the original hood, but,...
29
29

Cleaning block paving
I've used my Karcher K2.59 pressure washer (1300 psi) with the high pressure lance on some red/brown and beige block paving but it's not removed all of the black mildew-style staining or much of the...
18
18

YT: Cheap Photos From an Inkjet printer!?
For those of ye lookin at running costs... Techmoan's Epson ET 7700 Ecotank review An economical to use Multifunction Photo Printer & Scanner Amazon Links Below (Affiliated) Amazon UK:...
16
16

eBac 2600 dehumidifier. Just stoppped collecting water.
Had an issue with a 3 year old eBac dehumidifier where the microswitch that senses a full/missing water container jammed, and it overflowed. A few screws and I removed the casing, and found the...
17
17

Bathroom mixer shower hot tap won't turn on/turns a little but no hot water and sleeve for changing from shower to bath is tuck on shower. Taps in basin are fine.
Tried WD40. Tried to dismantle hot tap but after removing red button can't see any way into the tap. Image attached. Just metal/plastic. HomeOwnersHub
2
2

Replacing wall hung pan with a different brand
We have a wall hung toilet pan that has cracked. The design of the pan has irritated me from the first day I used it. It?s a RAK pan that has a high ?shelf? that leads to splashing over the rim if you...
6
6

Dishwasher detergent
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well
23
23

External CD/DVD drive
A friend has a need for a high speed external drive to read CD's as fast as possible. It plugs into a Raspberry Pi based device and we are not confident of the usb power available. He bought a non-usb...
37
37

Sprayer for textured exterior wall paint
We have opened the ancient barrel of "touch up" textured exterior wall paint from Wallshield and it is still viable. Stirring it up with a drill and paint stirrer results in something like fine...
3
3