Dishwasher detergent

Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well

I find the opposite.

That’s the killer for me.

In my machine, I stopped using liquid because it formed something that looked like hard water scale on the element that would flake off and block the water jets (only it isn't hard water scale as it doesn't dissolve in acids).
All dishwasher detergents became less effective about 18 months ago when they had to remove the phosphates. Often this is unnoticed if you use tablets as for most washes there is way more detergent than is needed, but if you more accurately dose liquid or powder according to the washing load and fat, then this was more obvious as more detergent was needed.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 07:48:43 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I use the bulk powder from CPC, in 5kg or 10kg tubs.
The biggest problem is getting UPS to deliver it in one piece.

Oh, is it any good? I never thought of looking there. Actually, I can't find it on their website. Got a part number? At the moment, I use Sainsbury's, since Waitrose stopped doing it.

At least they don't use Yodel...
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:31:45 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Seems fine to me. I used to think it smelled a bit chlorine-y in use, but either that's changed or I've failed to notice it any more.
Part numbers SA01339 (5kg) and SA01340 (10kg).
As it happens, I ordered some about two hours ago, and I had a struggle finding it (again). The magic keyword is 'dishwashing'.

Well, half the problem is the way it's packed (or not). Order it separately to anything else.

You can buy the phosphate on eBay ...
:o)
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 13th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to compare, b ought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which means that o ur dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every tim e we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You can surely do you r own research by reading reviews from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes t-dishwasher-detergent/ , and playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.
On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:24:05 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't seem to be any significant difference in performance.
NT

They're not exactly the latest in technology, there's no reason they shouldn't all be the same.
But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy the cheaper supermarket stuff. And the cheaper soft rinse is neither soft or smells nice.

They do in fact keep changing the technology.

The obvious reason is that some ingredients are cheaper than others. And some do more R&D than others too.
That one that left a haze on glassware after a number of washed did eventually get their act into gear and reformulated theirs and fixed that problem. And sent me a box of the new ones unsolicited when I had claimed a refund on the earlier dud formulation.

So why isnt that just as true of dishwasher detergent ?
In fact we have had washing machines for a lot longer that dishwashers, so your line about how long they have been making them for can't fly.

Don't use any rinse in either the washing machine or the dishwasher.
And I don't want my clothes to smell of anything.
Same with what I use in the shower, I use Pears Transparent because it doesn't leave me stinking of some perfume.

How long have dishwashers been available? It's about time they'd perfected it?

How much research is needed after all this time?

Don't you use rinse aid?

No idea.

Because manufacturers are stupid? I can't believe detergent costs much to make.

Why not?

Perfume covers sweat smells.

They havent even done that with washing machine detergent and washing machines have been around for a lot longer than dishwashers.
In spades with what is used in the bath or shower.

Must be some or they wouldn't bother doing it.

Nope, waste of money. I use the cheapest Logix or Finish tabs I can find on offer. Currently mostly Logix since we have a new Aldi since the start of last year and those work out cheaper than the best Finish discount offers here.

Unlikely they all are with such a big industry.

They arent hugely profitable.

Not into perfumed shit.

I don't stink when I sweat.

Or they're stupid. Cleaning isn't rocket science.

I use Aldi tablets, they aren't called Logix though.

Perhaps they think they can get away with selling us powdered sugar?

Then you're one in a million. Most sweat stinks.

Not when it's fresh sweat it doesn't. But give the skin bacteria under your armpit a chance to have a go at it, and then it niffs.
Bit like fresh pee, which is sterile when it exits the body (unless you have a bladder infection). Given time in the loo bowl and bacteria from the air working on it, and that then pongs of ammonia.
--
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an

Bullshit, both stink immediately. Think of a changing room after a rugby match etc.

Not with most people.

That's because they have been sweating for hours before that.

So your sweat magically disappears after 2 minutes then?

Nope, just doesn't stink. When I go out for a walk for exercise in summer when it isnt possible to get home before its over 25C, my T shirt is noticeably sweaty, but it doesn't stink at all.
And I do notice it when visitors show up after having a shower at their place, notice the stink from the soap or body wash they use.