Replacing wall hung pan with a different brand

We have a wall hung toilet pan that has cracked. The design of the pan has irritated me from the first day I used it. It’s a RAK pan that has a high “shelf” that leads to splashing over the rim if you try to stand and pee.
Now that I have to replace it I’m wondering if I can fit one from a different manufacturer or will all the pipe and bolt spacing be different?
Not keen to go with RAK again. The first pan delivered had a hairline crack and now this one has cracked after two years. It’s another hairline crack with no evidence of any impact.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 07/06/2018 23:07, Tim+ wrote:

I'd be tempted to ask for my money back, and if they refuse say you'll charge them for a tradesman to change it.
It ought to last a lifetime. A hairline crack suggests a manufacturing fault. Two is more than a coincidence.
Its always possible they have improved the design and manufacturing process? Are they made in China?

Woss that? A well-hung toilet man? And he's cracked? The mind boggles.
--
"What causes poverty?" Wrong question. Poverty is our primordial state. The
real question is, "What causes wealth?"

So who hit it with what?

My wife has fessed up to dropping the loo brush holder into the pan.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Must be one hell of a dunny brush holder to do that.
Wall Hung Pan sounds like some kind of Chinese takeaway.
Brian
--
----- -

Ha Ha!
Sod's Law asays that if you expect something important like that to be standardised, then it won't be.