Bathroom mixer shower hot tap won't turn on/turns a little but no hot water and sleeve for changing from shower to bath is tuck on shower. Taps in basin are fine.

Tried WD40. Tried to dismantle hot tap but after removing red button can't see any way into the tap. Image attached. Just metal/plastic.

Sandy

What make / model of tap?

Conventional tap or quarter turn ceramic cartridge?

Is this a dedicated shower valve, or a bath tap with shower, or a three way shower valve that can also function as a bath filler?

Hard water area?

How old is it approx?

High or low pressure water system?

What were you expecting it to be made from?

That's not a very helpful photograph.

Reply to
John Rumm

I had some like that - they were supposed to be held on by steel spring clips but everything had corroded together over time. I eventually levered them off by jamming a large spanner under the edge of the knob and levering it against the top of the spout. A large hammer may have been involved.

Reply to
Rob Morley