Subject Author Posted Replies

That eBac dehumidifier :) :) :)
Called them and it turned out it was still under (4 year) warranty. Just had it returned (collection and delivery courier paid for by eBac) and it's whirring away. Room already smells fresher. Total...
2
2

EPDM pond liner as roof covering
Local garden centre sell EPDM pond liner in a variety of widths and they just cut off as much as you need from a big roll. It seems to be 1.2 mm thick, same as the roofing stuff. Is this the same...
7
7

Fused neutral cutout.
Just has a letter from UK Power Networks stating their records show I have one of these which is outdated and needs to be replaced urgently. Be interested to know why this has suddenly become urgent....
136
136

Well, that saved a few bob - more. Riser blocks
Having tracked down the company that made these wedges for UPVC doors and windows, plus had a quick email exchange with them. The wedges are called 'riser blocks' and they are supposed to be...
17
17

Re: Britain prefers 'No Deal'
Do you not realise that the "Mirror" will publish almost anything which is in any way critical of the Tories ? In this case the mess they have landed us in after two years of non "negotiations" ? That...

Protect microphone connections
I've got an XLR mic that is almost open to the elements, a large but covered space. It's been there a couple of years and the mic and connections seem fine, though the wingnuts and clamping screws are...
11
11

Bosch blue for 50 quid
This seems quite cheap for a Bosch blue drill driver with two (small) batteries and charger. £50. ScrewStation sell the bare drill for over £70. It looks very compact. Amazon Prime Day, so just...
4
4

OT: Optane Install and partitions
Hi all, build8ng a new pc, with a gigabyte mb, 32gb Optane, and a new 960SS D. Im at install Windows time and it?s showing the new ssd with 2 part itions, a larger one as one would expect, but also...
6
6

Garden bench
Taking advantage of the recent good weather I used some off cuts and made this garden bench, wife has been moaning to make one for 3 years so now finished just in time for the rain to start :-)
7
7

Makita battery drill - light doesn't QUITE light up where the drill's going in
I've just bought a Makita drill: The annoying thing is the little white LED that illuminates the area in fro nt of the drill - because of where it's positioned the bright field of ligh t doesn't quite...
4
4

Micro chainsaw anyone?
I've just found out that while she's completely unknown to people in the UK, the woman on the video is in fact a member of the presenting team on Germany's favourite DIY programme Mach es Selbst ! She...
46
46

Water Softener update
The other week I mentioned that my Twin Tank non-electric softener had died. The advice from EMWC from whom I purchased the original from was once they go that's it and their "advisor" insisted I...

Well, that saved a few bob
(Sorry to interrupt, with some actual DIY) Our little used UPVC front door had begun to catch a little on the bottom frame cushion, just it was about to close. Not wear, more likely the hot weather...
4
4

OT: Why A'Mhoine ?
I thought it was beneficial for space-launch sites to be as close to the equator as reasonably possible to benefit from the extra velocity provided by the rotating Earth. So why put one almost as far...
31
31

CPC search engine is shite and general ramble
Search for freezer alarm; nowt Search for fridge alarm: several products intended for freezer use. I'd given up so I had a look on Amazon. But then thought to try 'fridge' on CPC. Ended up buying...
19
19