Water Softener update

The other week I mentioned that my Twin Tank non-electric softener had died. The advice from EMWC from whom I purchased the original from was once they go that's it and their "advisor" insisted I should replace it with their own single tank unit as the original wouldn't be able to be fixed.

I repeatedly said the connections must be identical to the twin tank, same height and same side etc as it was impossible to change pipes without ripping out kitchen units etc. He must have been on bonus for all EMWC EWS-Blue he sold as when it arrived the connections came from the back not the side. It came with a

10 page manual on how to replace all the bits that might have fallen off during transit! Needless to say he denied everything and "Ian" got very aggressive implying I'd not mentioned the need for an identical replacement but then offered to sell me the same unit as I had previously.

While all this was going on I contacted an incredibly helpful chap from

who instantly diagnosed the issue as resin in the tanks needed replacing and that they did a pre-bagged resin "kit" for the Harveys unit.

£75 for 4 litres of replacement resin, a few hours Saturday washing out the old stuff and re-filling with new and my trusty Harveys twin-tank is back in action. The chap I spoke to was beyond helpful and said they advise lots of customers regarding the Harvey TwinTank repairs and resin replacement. Top marks to Wrekin Water Softeners them and bottom of the pile to EMWC.
Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk