Makita battery drill - light doesn't QUITE light up where the drill's going in

I've just bought a Makita drill:

The annoying thing is the little white LED that illuminates the area in fro nt of the drill - because of where it's positioned the bright field of ligh t doesn't quite get to the actual point where the bit is going into the wor kpiece. The chuck casts a shadow:

I don't want to dismantle the drill and invalidate the warranty, but I'd li ke to modify it in some way to address this problem. I'm thinking of prisms or fibre optics!

Any ideas?

Reply to
Murmansk

My Bosch tools are the same. I just ignore the built-in lamp and use other illumination.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Not known one which doesn't. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most of my drills don't manage to aim the light to illuminate the point being drilled. The exceptions are an old NiMH, where the LED is in the base of the handle, and a little Bosch screwdriver-drill, where there's no chuck as such.

Reply to
RJH

Longer drill bit to move the point of contact further away!

Reply to
John Rumm