Subject Author Posted Replies

Well, that saved a few bob
(Sorry to interrupt, with some actual DIY) Our little used UPVC front door had begun to catch a little on the bottom frame cushion, just it was about to close. Not wear, more likely the hot weather...
4
4

OT: Why A'Mhoine ?
I thought it was beneficial for space-launch sites to be as close to the equator as reasonably possible to benefit from the extra velocity provided by the rotating Earth. So why put one almost as far...
31
31

CPC search engine is shite and general ramble
Search for freezer alarm; nowt Search for fridge alarm: several products intended for freezer use. I'd given up so I had a look on Amazon. But then thought to try 'fridge' on CPC. Ended up buying...
19
19

freezer problems
Two of us have had problems with our freezers in the last few days. Just stopping working but showing no warning lights etc. After being left disconnected from the power for a few hours both freezers...
3
3

This fruity Pimms stuff, does it have alcohol in?
That's served neat! Diluted it's probably 5% (that's what the ready-to-drink version is). And I wouldn't put cucumber in it in the first place. Yeugh. Owain
12
12

oldish Parkside drill charger
My Parkside drill charger has suddenly come over all poorly. It worked fine 2 weeks ago when last used but now it won't charge. I checked the voltage of the charging and it read +- 13.8 volts. It's an...
17
17

Linux networking issue Q.
Upgraded to Linux Mint 19 ("Tara") a few days ago, after running it off a live CD to check compatibility - and it ran fine. Am now getting sporadic irritating DNS errors when browsing (Chrome)....
12
12

Barnsley council on top form
Next door neighbours toilet will not fill up. So they called the council who told them "flush the toilet with a bucket of water for now and we will get someone out to you on Monday in normal working...
35
35

Filling Electrical chases Gyproc Easy Fill 60
I have some electrical chases to fill and am planning to use Gyproc Easy fill 60 (unless there are better suggestions) However the instructions say ? Second coat can be applied between 140 - 280...

The lost nut
A small ebay purchase was delivered yesterday, which involved some quite tiny nuts and bolts, plus assembly. So, sat on our electric recliner settee I began assembling it, but working on my lap and...
5
5

shower mixer
what would the effects be if a shower mixer had the hot and cold were connected up the wrong way around ? ...
7
7

Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete bollocks
Total enclosure is the only way and even then if the transmitter is powerful or the receiver very sensitive it might still get through. Perhaps we all need switchable jammers on our person. Brian
180
180

Electric shower heater wiring (a bit long)
your logic escapes me NT
25
25

Help to connect external hard drive
> Franly investng time and effort to read an onbsolete drive more than once, to get the data off, is not in my list of cool hip ways to spend my life > > External drivees are available at very low...
38
38

Lost my ladders on the motorway
Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van? Actually it was not very funny. I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing lights on the roof that stopped to help manage...
35
35