Russian electricians on Youtube

Well, not exactly electricians.
But they do plug things into the electricity mains.
Capacitors and bare wires, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugxq0FMjoQ

Makes Big Clive look like Big Ted :-)
Owain
Not seen this but hands up anyone who has not bodged a mains connection as a temp measure in the past. I have done it many times but of course I'd not suggest its a good idea, its just to see if something works.
grin.
Brian
--
----- --

Yeah, I uses a jesus adapter to power the entire house I had just built from the builder's temporary supply just after I had moved in as soon as was physically possible.
Worked fine with the main powered hot water service, the full wall oven, grill and glass cook top. You just had to be a bit careful about what was on at once.
I had a normal extension cord from the builders temporary supply to the barge board of the house with a knot in that cord at well above head height to keep the cord up in the air.
Eventually the supply authority chucked a tantrum and required me to do it properly and that knot was just a tad melted internally.

Worked fine for me.

I did a lot more than that.

Stop smirking, boy.

I had my gaste well flabbered once in a factory just recovering from a fire. They hade rigged lighting up a bit like the sort you see at seaside's in long chains of bulbs all wired in to a cable that vanished down a man hole in the car park so they could clean up, The wall was all buckled and bits had fallen off as the fire had been on the other side of it. Reason for fire? An electrical fault in the builders equipment who were renovating the building next door.
Same company were now fixing our building. Should I have spotted a problem with this, well I did but not the management as they came cheap. Needless to say the factories in that spot are now no more they all got knocked down after a second fire and all the locals lost half their gardens to it, and now there are flats on the site instead. Brian
--
----- --
My favourite was magnesium ribbon across a socket - with a fuse thicker than the circuit wiring.
On 22:38 12 May 2019, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Totally crazy.
The house looks abandoned but the power is connected. Do they live in it?