wrong oil filter

I have just found out I have been fitting the wrong oil filter a Mann w79 to my petrol engine this seams to be for the diesel engined model even though it is the same size in all respects......I should have been be fitting a Mann w75/3 .....This has a bypass pressure of 1.3 bar and the diesel one has a bypass pressure of 2.0......will I have done any damage to my engine given that the bypass doesn't only operate when the filter is blocked but also opens when the oil is cold etc.....

...and why would a diesel and a petrol engine have different inlet and outlet bypass pressures ?
On 13/05/2019 12:36, Jim wrote:

Diesels run at higher compression ratios. Although they don't see the same peak load down the con-rod as during the "bang" of a petrol engine, they generally use larger big-ends to keep the stress levels on the white metal down. I can only assume they use different BP pressures for related reasons.
That said, I wouldn't be panicking that you have wrecked your engine.

that is what I was wondering ....
On Monday, 13 May 2019 12:13:46 UTC+1, Jim wrote:

Start engine, remove filler cap. You should know whether oil is circulating from cold. If not, switch off right away & replace filter. I wuoldn't expect a problem though.
NT

good idea thanks ....
Wrote in message:

coming up for four years ......
Wrote in message:

30,000 miles
Wrote in message:

good ...I've sent for a few of the specified w75/3 filters anyway.....
On Monday, 13 May 2019 19:47:28 UTC+1, Jim wrote:

you'd have known about it long ago if it weren't passing oil when needed.
NT
On 13/05/2019 19:47, Jim wrote:

= 7,500 miles per year. Why bother with diesel for that mileage ?.

Maybe that’s why he’s running a petrol car?
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Wrote in message:

good somebody who can read....tee hee
Wrote in message:

I didn't and I have three cars....and an electric moped...tee hee