Whirlpool Whole House Water Filter

I picked up a Whirlpool whole house water filter - model WHCF-DWHV to use as a kitchen sink filter. Most of my plumbing is galvanized and I end up with rust. I'm going to install it in the basement below the kitchen, above the laundry tub to make filter changes easier and prevent any leak issues.

This is the kind where the top rotates to bypass - off - filter. For some reason I cannot get it to turn. It is stuck in the off (center) position. I checked the display model in the store and it seemed to have the same issue. I have not hooked this up yet, and don't want to, if it is this difficult to turn. Am I missing something obvious here?

Reply to
tev9999

I too have the WHCF_DWHV filter and it has always been hard to turn, however this last time it would not bypass the supply, so I cannot change the filter element! I am wondering if there might be a kit of o rings to repair the head to original function. This is really frustrating since I cannot take it apart to locate the trouble when it is in service. I guess corporate America just wants me to fork over the money for a new filter assembly and can the one I have. Sure am wanting information on this.

Reply to
John McClain

Is there a choice of filter element for this case? Looks like it is just sediment/particle filter. Very simple one. Better than nothing I guess.

Reply to
Tony Hwang