Washer standpipe

Hello,

I am wondering about modifying my washer's standpipe to accomodate more space under the counter. If I maintain the right hieght, and a downward slope, can it have two angles in it as opposed to one L type shape? The total travel distance to the sinks P trap is only a few feet.

Current shape: | |____ P trape

Proposed shape:

| |__ | P trap

Thanks for any comments!

Louis

Reply to
Louis McEniry

Yes, that will work. I would use "Long-turn" Els; they have a larger sweep radius.

All so-called 90 deg fittings for drainage have the required slope built into the fitting pattern.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim!