washer overflow from standpipe

Stand pipe now is 39'' from bottom of washer. It overflows, so how many feet should I raise it? or is getting a smaller hose better to control the flow?

Reply to
Nancy

Snake it. Making the pipe higher won't do much if it is clogged and that sounds like the problem. You might even be able to blow it out with a hose and a 1.5" to hose fitting adapter. (assemble a few PVC fittings)

Reply to
gfretwell

Has it always leaked or is this new?

Either the pipe does not have the capacity or it is partly clogged and has to be snaked out. If the discharge hose is smaller than the standpipe, it should be able to handle the discharge.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

P2706.2 Standpipes for automatic clothes washers shall extend a minimum of

30 inches (762 mm) and a maximum of 48 inches (1219 mm) above the finished floor. The trap for a clothes washer shall be installed at a maximum of 12 inches (305 mm) above the finished floor.

Like Gfre said, I doubt the height is your problem, more likely it's the drain is partially clogged and needs to be cleared. Missing is if this is a new install or one that was working until now.

Reply to
trader_4