Kawasaki FH500V engine oil filter

My brush mower has a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

The OEM oil filter is a Kawasaki part number 49065-2078.

Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Purolator Pure One filter?

Reply to
Ether Jones

Try these folks:

Purolator Filters NA LLC

155 Franklin Road Suite 153 Brentwood, TN 37027 Phone: 1-800-526-4250 (Filter Hot-Line) Fax: 615-377-1521
Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Walk into your local Napa and ask for a filter. You should be able to cross refference their number with Purolator.

Reply to
Timothy

I already did that. It's Napa Gold 1394.

How, exactly? I can't find a cross reference from Napa to Purolator. Do you know where to find one?

Reply to
Ether Jones

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices? Last time I bought an air filter for our lawn tractor it was a scorching $32!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.

But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive machine and I want to take care of it.

I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question.

Reply to
Ether Jones

Mobil 1 filters are better than PureONE filters.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That is a matter of opinion.

Reply to
Artemis

OK.... so what's the Mobil1 part number to replace the Kawasaki OEM

49065-2078???
Reply to
Ether Jones

I use the Napa gold filter on my Toro 37" commercial walk behind with no issues at all. Let me tell ya, this machine runs 20 to 35 hours a week and is used very hard. 5 years old and she still starts with out a problem and no major work has been needed (knocks on wood!!). If your changing out the oil and filter every 100 hours then theres no need to worry about it. My Toro dealer said that the oil needs to be dumped at 150 hours, but it's ten bucks to change it myself and it seems to be money well spent so far. I would assume that oil filters are like other products, their all about the same in quality and your spending the cash on a brand name.

Reply to
Timothy

: : I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99. : : But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive : machine and I want to take care of it. : : I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a : top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I : replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil : after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator : PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question. :

I was asking about AIR filters.

Reply to
Kate