Tile adhesive still ok?

How much is a new tub?

Reply to
Jim K..

Oooh he won't like that ! :-D:-D

Reply to
Jim K..

Is premixed waterproof tile adhesive in a sealed tub still ok if it's still unset? It's many years old.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Probably not after "many years".

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'd better test it methinks.

Reply to
tabbypurr

You can't. Throw it away.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Really depends on how airtight it was and what its made of. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What he said.

Sometimes (as I have learned to my cost many times) it's just not worth trying to save a couple of notes.

Reply to
R D S

You can take a sample squidge it onto the wall intended for the tiles and see what happens.

Does it set in about the right amount of time? When set is it stuck to the wall? When set is it a hard solid layer?

If the answer to all those is "yes" the chances are it's fine.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice