Which is the best tile adhesive

Hello,

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is the best tile adhesive/grout.

I have seen numerous waterproof ones from B&Q, wickes, pilkingtons etc.

and now I'm just confused

Thanks again

Reply to
john Smith

Bal works very well in shower enclosures,they also have additives for the grout which gives a very good waterproof finish,

Reply to
Alex

Bal or Nicobond are two good ones. Same for grout.

Reply to
John Rumm

For readymix, I've used various BAL products. For powder types, I've used Ardex Arduflex. Both have been excellent. I always check that the product claims suitability for commercial swimming pools and ensure that I use a

100% fill technique, taking off the occassional tile to ensure there were no air gaps.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , john Smith writes

Busy doing a bathroom now. First tub was Wickes waterproof tile adhesive. Very good, good grab, sticky.

2nd tub is Unibond waterproof (special offer at Focus). Pretty crap and a bit watery in comparison.
Reply to
Steven Briggs

No idea about "best"

But combined adhesive and grout always seems to make a lousy adhesive, with no initial tack. Expensive too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yep, 'bout the same. Have used Bal, Cera (From B&Q) and Wickes waterproof.

Bal was the best (but is more pricey), Cera was fine, but beware this on glazed tiles and a sealed surface, i've seen it stay wet for a long time (like days !) Wickes waterproof can be quite slumpy with heavy tiles, but is fine with a batten.

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy