Subject Author Posted Replies

Help to connect external hard drive
> Franly investng time and effort to read an onbsolete drive more than once, to get the data off, is not in my list of cool hip ways to spend my life > > External drivees are available at very low...
38
38

Lost my ladders on the motorway
Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van? Actually it was not very funny. I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing lights on the roof that stopped to help manage...
35
35

DIY madness, or are exposed RSJ's the fashion ?
out as this is not a high rise all steel structure. Was it the fire that brought the towers down or the impact of the planes. On 9/11 I was listening to a structural engineer on Radio 4, who said he...
32
32

How to seal leaky metal gutter trough?
we have a gutter at the front of the house that is hidden behind the front wall. It's a big metal trough (zinc, maybe?), about 9-10" wide with the sl ates overlapping the back edge. At the front it is...
6
6

Shed base on sloping patio
Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to build a shed on a sloping patio. the slope is not too steep perhaps a drop of about 4 inches over 14ft
22
22

ATRACTIVE EXTERNAL OVERIDABLE LED FLOOD
I'm looking for an attractive black outside LED light to go either side of some bifold doors that can be swiveled or tilted and also overidden to stay on when we're outside drinking lovely beer!!...

OT: Westminster Democracy in action. Hold onto your hats
Dominic Raab's first speech as Brexit Secretary was halted shortly after it had begun, as MPs shouted that they had not seen the White Paper. Mr Raab said the paper would be made available "as soon as...
2
2

Masonry Paint
Opened a 5l tub of masonry paint and it's got lots of soft lumps of paint it it. The lumps don't brush out, they just sort of blob on the surface being painted. It's been opened a couple of years...
10
10

Shower anti-slip stickers
I ordered some of these and so far very pleased with them. They stuck down well, they help you keep your footing and they're almost completely invisible. I wouldn't use them in a bath; they're a...
1
1

Curent electrical regulations
Am I right in thinking that no matter how dysfunctional or prone to nuisance tripping it is, a 30mA whole house RCD still meets current regulations? And in a 16 year old property that is to be let,...
130
130

Qualcast electric hedge trimmer clutch
I asked some while ago if these things might include a clutch to prevent overload, because the drive was frequently slipping and received no answer. It is the 600w model, with a blade able to be...
11
11

LED lamp power supply
I have a LED lamp, I suspect the PSU (which is at the plug) has packed in. Can I just snip it off and use one of the numerous similar rated wall warts I have knocking about or do they need something...
12
12

Belly laugh of the day
Identifying credible journalism on the internet can be a confusing experience - this is why we are making greater efforts to explain what type of information you are reading or watching on our site.
39
39

Blimey, they're ginormous
It wasn't *that* much more expensive to buy some than to rent them for the job I'm doing (replacing some ceiling fans). But, blimey they're hooj!!...
5
5

Brass door furniture
I have several door handles .. and interior side is OK ... but exterior has dulled badly. These are presumably brass (can't be 100% certain) at least look & feel like. It will take some effort to...
9
9