Bathroom Waste pipe V vanity unit

I have stripped out the bathroom and other half wants a vanity unit for the sink and toilet pan. With the layout I have to keep the toilet pan on the right. Is there likely to be an issue in trying to take the waste pipe to the toilet pan, I have only ever had seperate sink / pan before. I am concerned about space for the waste connection to the pan and if I cut out an access for the easte pipe in the vanity unit will it compromise the strength of the unit. The visible waste pipe would then be boxed in.
On 11/05/2019 09:35, ss wrote:

Oooops the image: https://imgur.com/WxuO20E
On 11/05/2019 09:35, ss wrote:

Looks fine to me. You could always glue a sheet of ply inside the vanity unit where it is cut away.
Just check that a right angle connector will fit for the loo.Or yopu might enmd up having to fill a gap between the vanity unit and te wall.
--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

We are looking at a similar type of unit and I am concerned about the centre distances - I will want the basin centred under the window and the WC lined up the existing outlet.I don't like bodging the WC Outlet with flexible pipes. Is there any fiddle space on the WC positioning?
On 11/05/2019 17:18, DerbyBorn wrote:

I dont know thats what I have been trying to find out. The plumber should be back here next week as he is hoping if possible to alter the stack pipe so I dont have to use risers on the shower tray. So will speak to him before I order anything.

I would like to do away with risers - but that would mean boring a hole through a joist (that also carries cables)
On 12/05/2019 10:15, DerbyBorn wrote:

Googled: ..."(Engineered floor joists can be drilled only according to their manufacturer's guidelines.) ... The maximum allowable diameter of a hole in any solid-lumber joist is one-third of the joist's depth. Notches can't be deeper than one-sixth of the joist depth"......

Thanks - hoping to avoid this. It is a joist at the very edge of the upper floor so most loads are taken by the next joist.
On Saturday, 11 May 2019 09:35:25 UTC+1, ss wrote:

When I fitted a vanity unit sink, I used flexible waste pipe, with glued ends, and a HepVO trap. Meant it had minimal impact on cupboard space and I was able to route it round the back of the unit.
Would do the same again, given the choice.
On Sun, 12 May 2019 06:38:38 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google wrote:

This is very shallow, as it is just a tight elbow then into the trap - works in the same way as a HepVo: https://www.toolstation.com/viva-magna-self-sealing-waste-valve/p82878 https://www.toolstation.com/viva-magna-self-sealing-waste-valve/p16545
(32 mm and 40 mm. Also, less than half the price of the HepVo.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 12/05/2019 22:33, PeterC wrote:

I am ok for using a flexi for the sink, just concerned about cutting in to the unit to get access to the toilet waste in case it compromises the strength of the unit.
On Monday, 13 May 2019 12:38:32 UTC+1, ss wrote:

The bog unit, I assume, has no floor. But is otherwise the same construction as the basin one? In which case, no issue. Except the probability of needing to have some sort of raised floor higher than the WC waste pipe.
It is so easy to add strength to units like this, if needed.
On Sunday, 12 May 2019 22:33:47 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:

Not seen them before!