Volunteers Needed as Test Proctors in Schools

I wonder what Grubbypuss' autocomplete would make of "proctor"? :-D

Reply to
Jim K..

Volunteers Needed as Test Proctors in Schools

Friends of Orange County Public Library NC

5/10/2019

Dear Friends, I'm passing on a call for volunteers from Stanback Middle School. They are in need of proctors for upcoming standardized testing. Thank you for all you do for our community!

---- During state testing, all teachers are required to have a proctor who monitors the environment by slowly & quietly pacing the room. When parents & community members volunteer to proctor, we give them a brief 15-minute training the morning of testing & then assign them to 3 classrooms to rove through. This means being quiet/without technology from about 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (we try to get volunteers out closer to 11) & we know it's tiring & monotonous, but testing isn't possible without the help of volunteer proctors. We need proctors for May 29/30, June 4/5.

We would greatly appreciate it if you'd ask your library community if anybody would be interested in helping. Community members can go to our school website's homepage and scroll to "Proctors Needed"

or they can call the school or my office at (919) 644-3200 ex. 31104 to sign up or inquire. Thank you for your help & for supporting our kids!

Julie Lemanski

Reply to
David P

If the US wasn't so mean about public services they could pay invigilators, which is what British schools and universities do.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

<snip>

Odd. That's not a California code... Oh. There's another Orange county.

Is that Julie or David, and what did you think anyone in the UK could do? (I'm in California a couple of times a year!)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris