Free printer

HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used. Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website. It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I really wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That is a colour laser printer btw!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes and the ink cartridges in it and with it add up to about £250!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Have you tried replacing the pick up rollers?

It was the first suggestion that popped up after typing hp cp2025 into google. Seems to be a common problem.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Bill Wright formulated on Thursday :

Toner cartridges!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Tim+ presented the following explanation :

I agree! The rollers are quite cheap for a set and usually you just clip them into place, no major disassembly.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

  • you can find service manual online. Or just watch a Youtube video. And the roller only costs a few quid.
Reply to
Robin

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I emailed him about that a while ago, the other thing is the gears lose teeth when the printer has a jam. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Worse than that, is it not graphite that can get into the motor and cause a fire?

Reply to
Scott

No, it's plastic.

will, however, pass through the filter of a typical vacuum, damaging the vac and dispersing itself into the air. It's not good to breathe in.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Correction, there is a carbon content in black toner, so you're right as well.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I find it's usually enough to give them a good clean with something a bit harsh like isopropyl, takes off the sheen that they develop.

Reply to
R D S

So how do you clean it off a carpet?

Reply to
Max Demian

And it is so fine that it can be blown out of the exhaust and can then be inhaled.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Special vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That certainly helped my laser printer.

I also avoid certain brands of paper as they give continual misfeeds.

Reply to
Pamela

Whatever

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Well the local Scouts seem interested (unless you decide to fix it).

Reply to
ARW

It?s what ?all risks contents insurance? was made for. New carpet time. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+