Shower Screen Wall support

Planning a shower and I am concerned about the usual bracket / rod that goes from the top of a glass shower screen to the adjacent wall. That wall is plasterboard (no timber - just plasterboard sandwich) and I am worried that if my slightly wobbly wife stumbled into the screen then the wall would not take the strain and it would pull out and damage the wall.
I was wondering about two rods - at an angle to form a Vee and attached into the ceiling joists.
Any thoughts?
DerbyBorn wrote:

Sounds reasonable, you could lash up from various parts, e.g.
<https://www.kerolhardware.co.uk/shower-stabiliser-bar.html
If she is wobbly would it not be best to make a hand rail anyway, at a more convenient level? Brian
--
----- --

I agree Brian - my plasterboard walls are my concern with that as well.
On 09/05/2019 23:17, DerbyBorn wrote:

One of ours looks a bit like this...
https://flush-bathrooms.co.uk/products/cassellie-floor-to-ceiling-support-pole-max-2800mm-high-8mm-glass-chrome-gac007
...just a pole from floor (tray actually) to ceiling with a slot for the glass.
Cheers
--
Clive

Great idea. How is it attached to the tray?
On 10/05/2019 14:34, DerbyBorn wrote:

There's a plastic 'cup' it sits in. I don't know how that is attached, but it has silicone around it and I guess it must be screwed through the tray - it's on the raised edge of the tray obviously.
Cheers
--
Clive