Shower Screen Wall support

Some sort of screw down ferrule that the pole slots into?

Reply to
Jim K..

Planning a shower and I am concerned about the usual bracket / rod that goes from the top of a glass shower screen to the adjacent wall. That wall is plasterboard (no timber - just plasterboard sandwich) and I am worried that if my slightly wobbly wife stumbled into the screen then the wall would not take the strain and it would pull out and damage the wall.

I was wondering about two rods - at an angle to form a Vee and attached into the ceiling joists.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Sounds reasonable, you could lash up from various parts, e.g.

Andy Burns

If she is wobbly would it not be best to make a hand rail anyway, at a more convenient level? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Brian Gaff" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in news:qb3607$gp5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I agree Brian - my plasterboard walls are my concern with that as well.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

One of ours looks a bit like this...

...just a pole from floor (tray actually) to ceiling with a slot for the glass.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Great idea. How is it attached to the tray?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

There's a plastic 'cup' it sits in. I don't know how that is attached, but it has silicone around it and I guess it must be screwed through the tray - it's on the raised edge of the tray obviously.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur