Wall mount TV

I want to wall mount our 55" TV. I see mounts from $12 to $60. I don't want or need articulating, just flat and maybe the ability to tilt.
I see you mount on the wall and a part on the TV. How do you put them together? I will have help lifting it in place.
I also know exactly where the studs are. I have a photo of the framed wall when it was being built and a stud is to the right of a box on the wall. No guessing there.
On 2019-01-06 9:41 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Depending on the mount, the brackets that are bolted to the back of the screen hook onto the upper wall bracket and the bottom swings into place. The last video wall I put together had a flat rod that locked the bottom into place with the option to padlock it so the TV was secure.
The other screens I maintain have a spring latch mechanism that "clicks" the bottom bracket into place.

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:59:28 PM UTC-5, Idlehands wrote:

? I don't

them

amed

+1
That's how the ones I have worked too. There was a small cord in the back that you later pull to release the latch so it comes off. There is flexibility on the spacing of the verticles on the wall so that you can be on joists.
Ed should also consider how to run the power cord and cables. There are wall boxes you can put in behind it that have a receptacle and coax, plus an opening to run HDMI, or whatever through. HD has them.
On 1/7/2019 8:45 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The builder put them in. There is a receptacle and a wiring box.

But horizontal articulating does make it easier to mount the TV and can be handy to change a cable etc too.

You attach the mount to the wall. Pull the plate that bolts onto the back of the TV out, screw it onto the TV, push the TV back against the wall. Tilt it to the angle you want.

Yeah, its too big to do alone.

I like the swing-out models for access to the rear of the TV. Here's the unit I bought .. $ 99. Canuck dollars.
http://tinyurl.com/y8gauyck
The audio-video stores charge much more for models that aren't any better. This one comes with heavy plastic hollow wall anchors - use your wall studs whenever you can. John T.
--- ---
On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 14:58:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Can't beat Home Hardware for value - unless it's Canadian Tire when they have what you need on sale -- - -
I remember the original Home Hardware store in St Jacobs when I lived in the apartment above the store next door back in 1955-56. Old Walter Hachborn really started something - - -

You can usually hang these TVs up there yourself because they are not that heavy but it is easier with 2 people. They just hook on top and snap in on the bottom.

The problem isnt the heavy, its that with something that big its hard to hold it up and screw the screws in at the same time and keep it in place so the screws can go into the holes without a crossed thread.

Not all of them are done like that.
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:11:17 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

Total BS. Try reading the other posts.

I've never seen one that wasn't designed in two pieces, it would be the most stupid thing and no one would buy it when the stores are all full of the right ones.

Try watching the youtube someone posted.

Yes, but you still have that screw problem when connecting the two pieces with some.

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:41:05 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

Having a problem now with English? WTF? There is no screw problem, no screws are required to put the two halves together on the wall. Geez.

I'm trashing you, fool.
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 06:11:04 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Buy one that does. They seem to be the most common.
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 2:58:06 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You'd have to be a moron to buy some piece of crap that requires you to put screws in it while holding it up to the wall. Apparently they are mighty dumb down under.
On 1/6/2019 10:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not really any of my business, but is there a good reason to hang your TV on the wall? As far as I can see this is basically a fashion statement. I personally like to have more flexibility. I haven't moved my TV in 20 years, but if it was hung on the wall it would be much more difficult to move than if was set on some kind of stand. And after moving a wall mount I would have to patch the wall.
Bill
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 9:13:59 AM UTC-5, Bill Gill wrote:

? I don't

them

amed

Good point. I prefer the TV lower, on a stand, for a more comfortable viewing angle too.
On 01/07/2019 07:13 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

So you like vacuuming around the stand and dusting behind the screen like you've been doing to the past 20 years because you might want to move it some day?
On 1/7/2019 9:13 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Mostly I agree, but. . . I have a nice 2 drawer stand that I built from oak a few years back to fit a 32" HD TV. Now we have a 55" and it overhangs the sides.
There is no other place to put the TV but against this one wall so moving is not a consideration. It would also be more comfortable to have it about 9" higher. It will be safer too, no chance to knock it over. No, it is not above a fireplace that is way too high.
The stand will now hold the cable box, Amazon box, speaker bar.
As for moving, I won't be. We just moved here a couple of weeks ago so holes in the wall will be my kids problem when the undertaker removes me.
On 1/7/2019 9:13 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Do you have an HD TV? These things are fairly light and amenable to put on the wall. I could scarcely lift my old CRT.
On 1/7/2019 1:20 PM, Frank wrote:

I bought an HD TV that has a 16:9 CRT. It was in the $1000 range when flat screens were still in the $2500 and up range. It weighed 185 pounds.
After a lightening strike nearby, I needed a new TV and bought a 47" for $828 and watched the price come down every month by at least $50. Now it would be in the $325 range.