How to attach a stud wall to concrete blocks

I have a concrete block wall and on the inside of it I want to layer in a

2x4 wood studded wall. What is the best way to attach the bottom plate and studs to the block wall?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Use a Ram-Set for the bottom plate, use nails into the joists for the top, nothing is needed into the block.

Alternative is to use something like

and no studs at all.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's been over 30 years since I did mine, but I don't think I made any wood to block or concrete attachments.

Reply to
Frank

Well the bottom plate will attach to the floor via glue or powder actuated nailer. No need to attach the studs to the block wall. What is the top attaching to?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
MiamiCuse

After the wall is framed up, cut a few sections of 2x4 to fit between the studs. Lay them flat against the block wall, glue and screw (tapcon) to the block, and then nail the wall studs to them. Do this at each end of the wall and as many times as you feel necessary in between.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen