Subject Author Posted Replies

Laser printer cartridge help.
Printer is a Samsung ML-2240, quite old. I have for the past 5 years bought compatible cartridges and refilled when required. Only changed carts when the printing got iffy. From memory I have never...
19
19

number plates
was just reading the requirement for MOT test...no mention of post code or who made them to be on plates ????
27
27

Sing as DIY entertainment?
If I want to sing songs like " My old man said follow the van" or " If you were the only girl in the world" at the pub, instead of feeding the jukebox with pound coins, who would I have to pay for the...
20
20

TV/PVR Remotes sticking
I prised apart the 9yr old PVR remote yesterday as a few keys were getting a bit unresponsive. Almost dripping with oily substance. Bit more research shows this is from the silicone membrane and some...
16
16

How to release lifting habdkes on recessed drain cover
I need to lift a recessed block paved drain cover. There are what looks like a metal lifting handle on 2 sides which are level with the block paving but I can't seem to release them. I have nanafed to...
1
1

Why have we allowed the mains cabling to be used to send signals and crap on?
IE plug internet adaptors, really rubbish wall warts etc, since nowadays many pieces of equipment like medium wave radios sw radios and the like are unusable unless you use batteries and sit in the...
41
41

Why did it take so long to invent the toiler flapper valve?
Why did it take so long to invent the toiler flapper valve? The old siphon systems were far more complicated.
36
36

Rewiring a house in France
Can anyone help me as to what is needed to meet their specs and regs?
49
49

aldi bargain
That?ll be a cut price then. GH
8
8

OT: junk mail
Has anyone found their email junk filtering has suddenly got much more aggressive? Thunderbird / Plusnet FWIW
4
4

duspial of NiMh batterries
Thijking I might actuall get to fly some RC plamnes this year I dug out my kit and whilst all but one of the LIPOS seems to have lasted 5 years without a charge the same cannot be said for thle...
18
18

Building a dam...
A friend has a problem with rain water running down her drive and under her garage door. There is a drain that runs the full width of the door but that leads to a soakaway which is overwhelmed by...
13
13

OT: using tablet as a Sat nav
Does anyone do this ?. I have never bought one of these things but so much now seems to demand an 'app download' I might have to bite the bullet. Everything with a remote control has an app which has...
140
140

Valliant Turbomax 828e Pro F.22 fault UPDATE
Update on the boiler woes as follows: Went ahead any purchased a new auto-bypass valve as the bypass pipe was getting as hot as the C/H Flow pipe right away which could have been caused by a system...

Boiler Problem
hi everyone, Our boiler (worcester greenslave oil-fired) has developed a fault. Often when we come back inside after having been away for a few hours, the boiler will no longer be circulating hot...
3
3