Rewiring a house in France

Can anyone help me as to what is needed to meet their specs and regs?
--
Adam

Lots of MCBs, they don't do multiple sockets on one circuit. :-)
--
Chris Green
·

On 11/01/2020 16:46, Chris Green wrote:

Up to eight on 2.5 sq mm cable and 5 on 1.5 sq mm i IIRC.
SteveW
On 12/01/2020 22:33, Steve Walker wrote:

Hmmm, a moment's research seems to show that they expect 2.5 sq mm for all sockets now.
SteveW

Yes, I didn't think it was quite one socket per MCB, but it's not many is it!
Quite unlike the UK regs which have no specific limit on number of sockets, just a recommended maximum area to serve and a requirement to consider what the load is likely to be.
--
Chris Green
·

On Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:23:03 UTC, ARW wrote:

Please sir, me sir!
I have un big book de le bricolage avec beaucoup de pictures de le wiring frog.
Je will scan et email les pages relevants a vous later today.
Owain
On 11/01/2020 16:23, ARW wrote:

cash for bribes

I believe that cash is bad form and could be taxable. Cognac, Champers or expensive wine is good As are truffles...

On Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:23:03 UTC, ARW wrote:

Dans le meantime, utilisez le Google Translate sur
https://www.promotelec.com/
which appears to be the equivalent of NICEIC.
What type of Consuel compliance certificate should we use when renovating, partially or securing a home? [security here I think means making an instal lation safe]
For partial renovation or security work on accommodation, the Consuel ? ??yellow” certificate of conformity form should be used.
What type of certificate of conformity should I obtain?
It depends on the type of room:
The “Yellow” certificate of conformity is intended for all electrical consumption installations for domestic use, in particular for re sidential premises (new or renovated accommodation), for outbuildings of th e accommodation (garage, veranda, barn, shed, but also swimming pool or gar den shed) or for an outdoor electrical installation and garden lighting.
The “Green” certificate of conformity is intended for all n on-domestic electrical consumption installations (condominiums, certain pub lic or private organizations or even trustees): for the common parts of bui ldings, subdivisions, Establishments open to the public (ERP) ...
The “Blue” certificate of conformity is intended for all do mestic electricity production installations, in particular for renewable en ergies (photovoltaic panels, wind turbines, cogeneration, etc.). In a new h ome combining traditional electrical network and electricity production, it is necessary to obtain a yellow Consuel certificate and a blue Consuel cer tificate.
The "purple" certificate of conformity for photovoltaic and wind energy pro duction installations with an electrical energy storage device.
Is the Consuel conformity certificate mandatory for both new and existing?
Yes, the Consuel certificate of conformity is compulsory as soon as work is carried out to create, modify or complete an electrical installation.
Where to get the NF C 15-100 standard?
The NF C 15-100 standard can be ordered on the AFNOR, French Association fo r Standardization website: http://www.afnor.org/
Official de lelectricite-promote We also recommend the book "Electrical ins tallations of new residential buildings" which brings together all the rule s to know, recommendations and advice from the Promotelec association.
Guidance for existing buildings is here:
http://www.promotelec-services.com/librairie/produit/339-l-officiel-de-l-el ectricite-installations-electriques-batiments-d-habitation-existants.html
The NF C 15-100 appears to be the equivalent of IET Wiring Regs for new bui lds.
Owain
On Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:23:03 UTC, ARW wrote:

You will have a 20 MB PDF by email when my tablet has squeezed it down the wifi.
Sorry that is 10x too big to put on the wiki server.
Owain
On 11/01/2020 18:01, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

https://wetransfer.com/
is handy for that kind of thing...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:23:03 UTC, ARW wrote:

The scan I have done of a French DIY book electrics chapter is at
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id 854728532258302597
will expire after 100 days of no download
Owain
On 11/01/2020 19:10, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

It's all in French :-)
(and a bit fuzzy).
Just what a sparky needs, how to wire up a TV or Phone in France.
All those MCB's, no wonder the share price of the merged Schneider/AVEVA company has gone from about £6 in 2012 to £47+ now.
On Sunday, 12 January 2020 11:22:44 UTC, Andrew wrote:

I think they have rules about having a number of phone/tv/network ports included in new builds; don't know if that applies to rewires.
Sorry it's fuzzy. That'll be my old tablet and free PDF software.
Owain
Get to know the local Mayor very well? Brian
--
----- --

knowing the French, a French electrician
tim
On 11/01/2020 16:23, ARW wrote:

Yellow vest, good rioting ability, ability to shrug nonchanently, ...
I thought you could do it with ring-mains, a la UK and they would not give a flying canard ?.
On 12/01/2020 11:10, Andrew wrote:

In theory I thought you could.
--
Adam

On 12/01/2020 11:15, ARW wrote:

Reference to a book on Amazon here in this relevent thread posted by another 'nicy' -
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/rewiring-a-property-in-the-south-of-france.412360/
Not sure if it is the one already scanned though
Andrew
On 12/01/2020 11:37, Andrew wrote:

page 22 of this PDF looks like what you want :-
http://www.legrand.com/files/fck/File/pdf/Guide-International.pdf