Subject Author Posted Replies

Get well soon Terry Casey
His wife Helen called me today to say they he was knocked over on Saturday and is in a very serious condition. At the moment he is in an induced coma and has been given a 50/50 chance of making it. If...
9
9

OT: How many trees will Microsoft have to plant ?
Some announcement there. How much electronic junk has ended up in landfill or being shipped to Africa for 'recycling' since 1983 when the IBM PC started its evolution into becoming a domestic...
9
9

Joining 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5mm^2 cables
In the good old days I would have used junction boxes but now these have to be 'accessible' I ought to use an alternative. I have tried crimps in the past and been thoroughly disillusioned with them....
54
54

Carpet Wisdom - advice
My lounge carpet has stood up very well to normal wear but the castors of the suite has really dented it (irrecoverable). I suspect the soft underlay has allowed the carpet backing to locally stretch...
10
10

Cats
It's a cat give it what it wants, or is there a reason you won't or can't do that. Cats aren't like dogs that are happy toi eat their own shit.
35
35

Sacrifice
I was trying to think of all the sacrificial things. Sacrificial anodes on ships, yes. But... how about the face of a wooden mallet? Because the reason it's wood is because steel would be too hard....
46
46

cornish pasties????
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 19:36:53 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: I fail to see the relevance to Cornish pasties, but wouldn't it be simpler, rather than jetting off to the Med, getting a deep tan (and...
8
8

Re Printer cartridge update
I put in a new compatible cartridge and that has resolved the problem. I also because I had £50 of amazon vouchers bought a cheap B&W laser printer so now have a back up. :-) ................Printer...
1
1

Printer cartridge update
I recieved a new compatible
1
1

security cameras
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following is from the spec sheet Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?...
17
17

OT: Woodland for firewood (and as investment)
A bit of mature broadleaf woodland has come up for sale near me. Quite tempted ?just because?, I?ve always fancied a bit of woodland to enjoy and use to keep me in firewood. Is there a general rule of...
44
44

Re: H13 Bulbs ....
The connector looks polarised and I'd be surprised if you could fit them upside down. So without forcing one or the other I guess the new bulbs are miss wired. Are they cheapy unknowns? Assuming only...
10
10

diy signwriting
My beautiful Victorian ornamental garden gate is nearly ready to go out the front of the Victorian Terrace. I had a thought that it would be great to paint the house name onto the gate rail in fine...
14
14

OT: re-use of stamps
Until a few years ago I hardly ever received a letter with an un-franked stamp, but now I receive one every few weeks. Are they marked in a non-visible way? What's to stop them being re-used?
24
24

Surely an angle grinder was used instead of a circular saw to cut a nut?
least no one can say the man was a nut short of a full bag! The unnamed husband from Zaporizhia in Ukraine, who is in his 40s, was woken up by pain in the morning and saw his penis being...
7
7