Subject Author Posted Replies

Monarch water softener error
Do any of you have experience with Monarch Midi water softeners? Ours is about 10 months old and this morning we woke up to find it beeping and the display showing ER0102. Ive searched Monarch's...
6
6

The end of Windows 7
Some of that will be PCI space, even if there is no built in graphics. Only way to get that is to go 64 bit - which will probably nullify the small gain!
118
118

Forced air diesel heater
Workshop forced air diesel heater appears to be on its last legs. Over 20 years old and owes me nothing Looking around Sealey and Draper would appear to be easily available, neither names I would...
2
2

OT: 1971 Satnav
clever ... but a familiar problem! Tomorrow's World showcased the cassette-powered precursor to sat nav. So many reasons why this would never work in the real world. Micael Rodd presenter
45
45

Open consultation The Future Homes Standard: changes to Part L and Part F of the Building Regulations for new dwellings
Consultation on the uplift to standards of Part L of the Building Regulations and changes to Part F. This uplift is the first step in achieving the Future Homes Standards. This consultation closes at...
10
10

Shower detailing - help please
I have put up some cement board for a new shower. Some photos here: cement board is pretty straight and vertical. The rest of the bathroom is not! I am wondering how best to finish off the end of the...
7
7

DIY pen plotter
It's not very practical, unless the practice is artistic in nature, but someone here might like this: <>.Daniele BrachioGraph - the cheapest, simplest possible pen-plotter — BrachioGraph 0.1...
7
7

Waterproof sealant for tiles and grout
Can you recommend a UK-available equivalent of <>?Thanks, Daniele Shower Plug seals and fixes a leaking shower without removing tiles. Easily waterproof tiles and grout for 10 years in one DIY...
5
5

Glass cleaner that actually works?
Is there any available? Nothing made for cars shifts the traffic film properly without a ton of elbow grease at the dry-cloth stage (which would probably do just as well without the useless glass...
45
45

Chipboard Worktop
Out kitchen has laminated Chipboard worktops. (My wife'e eysight wasn't compatable with the granite ones) The butted joints were probably not sealed as well as they should and some slight swelling is...
27
27

Re: roundabouts
Roundabout I regularly use. Traffic entering from 3 o'clock can turn off at about 5 o'clock, 8 o'clock or 11 o'clock. It really, really helps, if they are taking 5 o'clock, that they are indicating...
9
9

OT: smart TV controller for internet
We've got a couple of smart TVs and with both of them, the remote is a standard type that has numbers, x-y arrow buttons and various other function buttons. The difficulty we have is when internet...
11
11

roundabouts
On a fairly open roundabout I can see a car approaching from a road on the right. Given that I will be on the roundabout first who has the right of way? Is the rule give way to traffic on the...
73
73

Re: Greta Phoneyberg's Mask Slips!
What has this to do with anything? Brian

RIP: Sir Roger Scruton
Died age 75,of cancer. ?It is not the truth of Marxism that explains the willingness of intellectuals to believe it, but the power that it confers on intellectuals, in their attempts to control the...
22
22