Number Lock on Win10

My laptop running Win 10 seems to have a mind of its own as regards Num Lock. And no obvious indication when it is on or off. I only ever use the numbers side, so would like it to stay on except by deliberately changing it (say by several key presses - perhaps ctrl num lock or whatever).

(I don't have the same problem on a desktop PC with an old IBM style keyboard - and that has a Num Lock LED.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You may be able to configure the default setting in the BIOS.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

This seems to be either something to do with the keyboard matrix itself, or can be an issue if there is software to redefine the F keys via an FN key. Its as if the software to do this interferes with parts of the keyboard it should not.

Is your win 10 up to date? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I've used a little software utility called Keyboard LEDs for years. It puts and icon in the system status bar which indicates the setting of number lock, caps lock and scroll lock.

Davidm

The simplest work-around is to turn Toggle Keys on. That beeps if you inadvertently hit num lock or caps lock.

Settings ... ease of access... keyboard

Reply to
GB