Hi, I am a college student who is doing a project about programmable thermostats. I have difficulty to find people who use or own a programmable thermostat, and I am so desperate that I am asking for help in this group. The questionnaire is mainly about your experience and opinions about programmable thermostats. It won't take long to fill out the questionnaire and I really really really appeciate your help.
Here is the questionnaire:
Programmable Thermostat Questionnaire (for users/owners)
1. What is the brand and model of your programmable thermostat? (You can leave out the model if you do not remember)
2. How long have you owned or used a programmable thermostat?
3. What kind of features does your programmable thermostat have? **Please select the following item(s) that are applicable by putting an "X" at the end of the item. (1) Ability to store and repeat multiple settings (e.g. weekends and weekdays) (2) Manual override to allow you to change the current temperature without affecting the daily or weekly program. (3) Ability to operate normally with a battery backup during a power outage or a battery failure (4) Ability to prevent unnecessary or unreasonable period of a setting (e.g. a period of 1 minute) (5) Digital Display (6) Keyboard Lock to prevent unauthorized changes to the preprogrammed settings (7) Multiple Temperatures Display (Fahrenheit or Centigrade) (8) Multiple Languages Support and Display (9) Low Battery Indicator that indicates whether the battery used to hold the programmed schedule is low (10) Energy Monitor that keeps track of number of hours the heating/cooling system has run for any selected time period (11) Filter Change Indicator that goes on after a preset time period to remind when it is time to clean or replace the filter (12) Temperature accuracy within one degree (plus or minus) (13) Instructions printed on the inside cover (14) Others:
4. Please scale the satisfaction level of your current programmable thermostat? (1 - Not Satified and 8 - Completely Satisfied)
5. What feature(s) do you like about your programmable thermostat? And why do you like it or them? If applicable, please write the number of the item in Question 3, and explain for each item.
6. What feature(s) do you dislike about your programmable thermostat? Why do you dislike it or them? If applicable, please write the number of the item in Question 3, and explain for each item.
7. If you think that your programmable thermostat needs to be improved, what kind of improvements should be made?
8. Please scale (between 1 and 10) the importance of the following requirements of a programmable thermostat: (1 - Least Important and 8 - Most Important) ** Please put the number at the end of the item. · High Task efficiency · Low Error rates · Fast recovery time · Easy to learn · Easy to use · Safe · Good physical design · Good interface design (software) · Durable · Ease of maintenance · Others:
9. How much time do you usually spend at most to perform a task, e.g. to set a weekday program?
10. If you can recall, how much time did you spend on performing a task, e.g. to set a weekday program for the first time?
11. How well (a scale between 1 and 8) do you know about your programmable thermostat in terms of features? (1 - not well and 8 - very well)
12. How much time have you spent to learn to use the features of the thermostat that fit your needs?
13. How much percentage (between 0% and 100%) of all features of the thermostat have you learned using the time that you answered in the previous question?
14. Where do you use your programmable thermostat? **Please select the following items that are applicable by putting an "X" at the end of the item. · Home · Office · Others:
15. Please indicate your age range **Please put an "X" at the end of the item. · 15-24 · 26-35 · 36-45 · 46-55 · 56-65 · Over 65
16. What is your occupation? (If you are a student or a professional, please indicate your specific area)
***Thank you so much for your time to answer this questionnaire. I really appreciate your help!