To Programmable Thermostat users/owners: Need your help to fill out a questionnaire! =)

I'm sure he knows as much about this as he needs to. Remember that he's not the statistics instructor or the marketing instructor.

And the instructor is not looking for a project that will be implemented.

And he's not trying to teach how to get proper samples, (which is indeed the province of statisics.) Read what she said the goal of the project was,

He's not asking the students to spend the time necessary to get a good sample, or a large sample. This would be a waste of their time, since, sad to say, no manufactuer is going to use the results of this survey. Six self-selected participants is enough for her to practice doing what the instructor wants the class to do.

This appeared earlier, but I've reordered it in light of my answer.

This may be true, but it's not related to the assignment. When she has a job for a control company, they will impose upon the project what their requiements are, although that might be done after this study is done, and by different people. But even manufacturers want to know what people want..

Did you list this as a feature you wanted?

Did you list this?

A bigger study, a production study as opposed to a classroom exercise, will find people who request these things, if there are enough people who want them.

mm

I think most or all newsreaders work the way Agent does. So if you really want people not to fill out the questionaire at this point, the best choice would have been to reply to the first person to reply to you, in this case Trader4. Many or all people read a few of the responses before they respond, but this one is so far down that almost no one will bother to read it, and they will not be discouraged from completing the survey.

But a response to trader4 will appear 4th in the list of posts.

mm

Captain S, the super-hero?

Dang. You really don't know anyone, do you?

And when you asked what thermostat we have now, you probably won't know anything about the model numbers we gave.

But it does sound like a well-chosen assignment.

Actually I thought it was about marketing.

I'm not going to speak further about Human Computer intereaction. Last time I was frank, the keyboard gave me a big shock. (must be one of those ground fault thingamabobbers, although the only time it happens is when I write nasty things about computers.)

mm

Okay, I am glad and thankful to say that I just collected "enough" (the minimum number required by instructor) responses from all of you. So I will move on from here, and start doing some primarily analysis for the next step of my assignment.

If you just read the first post, please do not fill out the questionnaire.

Thank you for those who responded my post. I appreciate all the data, comments, and advice from you all.

Estella

I see what you meant. That's a good idea! Thanks.