Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT: gardening mishap
A jolly night in the pub last night. My pal Marty?s lad was there, along with his dad. His old friend from uni joined us, having come ?home? as he calls South Yorkshire, for the Bank Holiday. He?s a...
1
1

fixings to fit 7.5kg loads on foam backed plasterboard?
Hi- I have a couple of loudspeakers and wall mounts that I'd like to mount on a wall that is plasterboard backed with about 10cm of insulating polystyrene. Each speaker and mount together weigh just...
10
10

Never forget.
When dismantling something, always put all the small parts inside the lid of the box, so you can catch the edge of the lid and lose them all at one go, saving yourself the effort of losing them one at...
30
30

Car key query
I have done a very stupid thing. The remote key for my '04 Citroen Xsara Picasso was falling apart, so I bought a replacement case from Ebay and fitted the remote innards and key blade to it. I...
11
11

Had to take a tree down
A neighbour pointed out to me that a tree in the corner of my garden had died so I spent most of yesterday cutting it down using a handsaw, a wood-cutting blade on an angle grinder, a tall ladder and...
1
1

Ot: The face of new nuclear?
This, I reckon, is the company most likely to deliver new build nuclear at sane prices in the UK. Bog standard technology with modern safety standards applied. Ford Cortina style nukes, but with...
1
1

Help please to identify this connector
Here is the image: https://i.imgur.com/YhdOb11.jpg
4
4

OT Yet more cultural enrichment!
Twenty nine people have appeared in a West Yorkshire court on a total of more than 170 charges of sexually exploiting 18 children.

drill angle adapter
I was looking for a drill angle adapter like this: But most of them have bad reviews - the angle bearing just does not last. Can anyone recommend a decent one ? Thanks, Simon.
28
28

cut down drill bit
I've had to cut down (well, snap off) a 5mm drill bit to make it shorter for access in a tight space. But now the chuck will not hold it straight, since it is trying to grip the flutes. The chuck...
8
8

price disparity
Ring RAC900 tyre inflator £136.99 at Euro Car Parts, £85 at Halfords, £70 on Amazon.
6
6

Bunnings/Homebase
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet. TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings...
17
17

Question re mobility battery
Current battery is 12v 34/36AH x 2 (50AH optional) cost locally £190! Checking ebay MOBILITY SCOOTER WHEELCHAIR BATTERIES 2 x 12v 33AH AS 30AH 31 32AH 34AH 35AMP, this is one battery. (£95) How do I...
14
14

Whoops
Not me, but I have worked there People inside Doncaster Royal Infirmary had a lucky escape after part of a hospital lift came crashing through the roof.
8
8

How to monitor house alarm
Hi all I have a Honeywell alarm system and it has a mode where by it will send you a text message when it goes off etc. The setting requires a phone number f or seemingly a messaging centre. Does...
10
10