price disparity

Ring RAC900 tyre inflator £136.99 at Euro Car Parts, £85 at Halfords, £70 on Amazon.

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes but the Euro carparts sales model is to run "discounts" of around

50% most of the time on almost any pretext they can come up with eg 50% off if there is a Y in the day!!

Currently "up to 56% discount" according to a recent email a couple of days back.

My first port of call for most things is Amazon or ebay to establish a near to best market price, then choose where to buy on grounds of price/service/ convenience etc

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Never quite understood ECP's pricing policy. They seem to have different prices for the same thing on their site, over the counter, and via Ebay. With Ebay usually being the best.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is that a posh name for an air pump?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Many have been trying to tell you for some months, it is *Euro* Car Parts. 'nuff said.

Reply to
Richard

Stop taking the EUrine.

He cant help it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Their policy, same as GSF, is to have a high headline price so garage punters get to pay list price to swell garage profits, while at the same time being competitive if you apply the discount.

The discount is usually more modest and generally 30-35%. Up to 56% is just that, and I have never seen the full discount applied.

What does annoy me is their own ranges don't always have the same parts in kits. A recent example is missing bolts in a wheel bearing kit where all other kits include them.

Reply to
Fredxxx