Subject Author Posted Replies

Do SDS drills lose their oomph as they get older?
The hammer action of SDS drills is driven with a crankshaft so No. Ordinary electric drills have a "chatter plate" which does wear out.
32
32

Water Harvesting Level Sensor
Hi all A colleague of mine is trying to troubleshoot a problem with a water reclamation system at his GF's. He is thinking that the level sensor might be shot in the water tank and therefore the...
5
5

Boot light keeps blowing fuse
BMW 7 Series 3 years old. Has tw lights in the boot. One under the parcel shelf and one in the lid. No sign of water ingress. Very strange. Any bright ideas out there (excuse the pun)
124
124

Engineer beats traffic lights ...
Traffic lights worldwide set to change after Swedish engineer saw red over getting a ticket 21 Oct 2019 at 11:03 5-6 minutes Mats Järlström's fight shows you never cross an engineer Yellow traffic...
54
54

What is the purpose of Auto/Man Danfoss valve in airing cupboard?
I have a feeling mine is playing up. Suddenly, but only sometimes, the downstairs radiators in all rooms are cold, while upstairs they are hot. The lever was set all the way to auto. When I moved it...
11
11

Heat pump SEER rating
Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating? The USA has a law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the UK, I looked at Panasonic and they're all 7 to 11!
22
22

Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?
In article <1og28tb.f203jnojt3lwN% Roger Hayter wrote: Just how well TRVs work depends on lots of things. If they are really bad in one particular room, chances are there's a big differential in...
91
91

Shower mixer hose outlet bent out of shape.
The bit where you screw the shower hose onto the shower mixer is damaged and leaks water. I have had some success with lots of ptfe tape but it doesn't seem to last. Is this a job for epoxy putty or...
10
10

automotive relays
In article , Bill Wright wrote: Yup. The old UK BS (or Lucas) numbers. The travelling contact 30/51. 87 N/O. 87A N/C. (on a 5 pin C/O) I'm sure there is a logic to them. ;-)
2
2

dysfunctional politics
There might just be a reason for those Irish jokes...
4
4

3M dust masks 6000 series - used one?
Hello, I'd like to know if anybody has recent experience of the 3M 6000 series masks which seem to require several parts to make them usable. I'm after a good dust prevention mask to work in a filthy...
11
11

Honeywell CM926
Display has various numbers and letters missing. I?ve applied pressure and it doesn?t change the display. Any ideas please? HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub
2
2

long shot: picture needed
Local reference library ?.
46
46

Got the piano moved
In message
11
11

Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?
I've searched through there several times, nothing looks like an 'outdoor' handle to me.
41
41