Got the piano moved

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of piss after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the main road.

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

k.i.n.k.y.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

GB

If you had two pence to rub together, you would have hired people to do that kind of job.

Reply to
UncleTone

So now it needs tuning then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But its fun! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Incidentally this entity is a bit of a troll pretending to be somebody else. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It might have gone worse...

Jeff Layman

Or even

Ian Jackson

Laurel and Hardy did it more amusingly.

Reply to
Andrew

Nice.

Reply to
ARW

When I went to bed after moving the piano I switched on the TV.

The film I watched was Kinky Boots.

Reply to
ARW