Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

We only get hem once a month or so, perhaps beause they usually go unused,

Reply to
krw

I count nine.

Atlanta isn't exactly Frost Bite Falls. Sears is mostly empty because they have nothing that the public wants at the prices they're charging. Stick a fork in them.

Reply to
krw

Well Uverse was never great for us and one of the reasons we dumped it. From what I understand Uverse is on the chopping block since ATT acquired DirecTV.

My TV hesitation was with streaming through the internet and through my DirecTV DVR. The new box cured the problem. I might add that the fiber comes up to my house but was not being used to it's full potential until the faster internet speeds were offered with the new boxes.

Reply to
Leon

I've lived both places. I'd *much* rather 100F than -30F. There is a reason I don't live in Vermont anymore. Well, there are a lot of reasons but that's on the list. ;-)

That wasn't even rare in Vermont, though startin 50F colder. ;-) I remember a 100F swing, one year.

It was cold here, too, and a fair amount of ice. It was mostly gone (roads clear) by noon. I doubt that out heat pump will keep up tonight.

Ah, right. The grand tour. We count steps, so that's not all bad. ;-)

Reply to
krw

What do a pizza delivery man and a gynecologist have in common? / / / / They both have something that smells good but they can't eat it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I took a wild guess for Houston, actual regular stores 6. The three stores closest to me still stock a wide variety of stuff similar to what they did 40 years ago. I meant empty of customers, above.

Reply to
Leon

That was true but there are ways of digital signing now.

Ed Pawlowski

Well 100 degrees is the outside temp. The inside the car temp can approach 130 if it sits out in the sun very long, like when you park a quarter mile from the mall entrance and then walk to the other end of the mall. LOL -30 is pretty tough! Yellowstone was -37 this morning.

AND I do prefer to work in the heat vs. the cold but the soccer moms that shop the stores panic in that heat.

LOL we had ice this morning. There was an inch of rain water in the rain gauge. The float was on top of that and then froze to the 1" of ice. Then it rained another 1/4" and froze so the orange gloat is suspended in ice.

Reply to
Leon

The only alternative is DSL and DirectTV. Been there. Won't go back. It's *far* worse.

Through the DVR? The Internet service doesn't touch the DVR, at least in our setup, there is a separate router.

Reply to
krw

Exactly. PDF/Internet may be acceptable now but it wasn't five years ago.

Reply to
krw

I'm betting sometimes they both smell the same "smell/odor" when the pizza has anchovies. ;~0

Reply to
Leon

They aren't so happy at -30, either. It's so gray in the Winter that people have to go somewhere. It's usually the Mall or perhaps Wally World.

Fortunately, the rain had all but stopped before it got cold. We were supposed to get a half-inch of ice but it ended up only a good glazing. North of the city got 4" of snow, I understand.

Reply to
krw

I had DirecTV back in the early 2000's with the Tivo DVR, when DirecTV would sell you that DVR. When I up graded several years later to HD, DirecTV tried to make their own DVR, all of that went down the drain. The Tivo DirecTV DVR was bullet proof.

DirecTV has ironed out the problems, that bugged us, and is the only service that we have gone back to.

We have a separate router but it, through Ethernet, plugs into the Direct TV DVR for past shows you missed and or OnDemand shows. The DVR will also, IIRC, work with WiFI but hard wired is better and our home was prewired for all of that.

Those shows that down loaded through the router hesitated/locked up for a few seconds periodically along with our computers when working on the internet, Uverse Internet. That problem went away with the new box that is designed to handle the 300 Mbps+ speeds.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Leon

I hate satellite TV. We've had both and they're crap. Every time a cloud rolls by they go out. They claim that it doesn't happen but it does and they can't/won't fix it. No thanks.

We can use the DVR in other rooms (via WiFi, or I suppose, Ethernet) but Internet service isn't routed through the DVR, rather both/all connect to the router (switch).

It's not the TV that hangs, rather the Internet. It's annoying watching YouTube videos and IHeartRadio hesitates, sometimes, every few minutes. The TVs are fine (more heavily buffered, I presume).

Reply to
krw

I've got flat feet and wear anything from an 11 to a 12, depending on make and style.

Reply to
clare

A FAX is considered a "remote original document" - it cannot be altered in transmission. A locked PDF is as close as you can get digitally, and is still not generally accepted as an "original" legally.

Reply to
clare

I wouldn't put up with that kind of crappy service. My cable TV and internet has only been down a few times in over 10 years - and the pixelating I had on my TV was due to a couple of bad cables.

Reply to
clare

Were there a choice, I wouldn't either.

Reply to