Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

There are some fake/purchased reviews, and some real ones. If you sift through, you might be able to sort them out. Two years ago TurboTax (Intuit) had a laughable number of fake reviews. I'm trying to steer clear of them, just on principle.

Reply to
Bill

I wonder if some people would know good from bad at times. I figure no matter how good an item is, someone will always dislike it so one or two bad ratings won't dissuade me. OTOH, if a third of the ratings are 1 star, I'll pass.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

TurboTax for the past two seasons includes what it always did, Schedule C etc.

The year before that they upgraded me for free. I think they learned their lesson.

Reply to
Leon

I do not put much faith in ratings that are from a customer that has had the product for a couple of days.

Reply to
Leon

Should have mentioned the paid Basic version again has the forms you expected.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:7vadnaEfj94o6O_FnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Decent clothes and gloves do not restrict mobility that much. Most people like these big heavy coat-shaped objects, thinking more mass=more heat. It ain't so. It just makes winter worse because of restricted mobility.

When it's really cold (and it hasn't been THAT cold), you can add long underwear which won't restrict mobility that much either. Snow pants don't restrict movement all that much either. Yeah, you know you've got them on but they let me move just as fast as I want.

If you've got a stocky build, finding a decent fitting coat is a problem. They're always tight across the shoulders. Let alone finding a decent coat that's not going to tear up your hands because of zippers on the pockets or snaps that get in the way.

It's a HUGE task to find something built for moving in Winter! It took forever to find a replacement for my winter coat, and it got so bad I was asking people to check their closets before one crept up on eBay. (Btw, fellows, I'm looking for XL sweatpants made by "Simply for Sports" sold by JC Penny's. Check your closets, I'll make an offer! $15 shipped for new, used depends on condition. Yeah, I'm watching eBay.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leon wrote in news:c5qdncSWVZWYC-_FnZ2dnUU7-T- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I've seen a few of these:

5 Stars I bought this for my cousin, and he was very happy to receive it!

When I can be bothered, I click the "unhelpful" button.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Hummm seems like that is the point I was making... LOL

Reply to
Leon

[Snip]

Amazon is very fast. Last Nov. I ordered a Nikon DSLR with two zoom lens for a Black Friday sale price that was unbeatable. I ordered on line at 6:30AM Fri. and at 10:20AM Sat. it was sitting on my door step. I live in San Antone and found out from my sister, later on, that they have a distro center in San Marcos. `

Reply to
gray_wolf

Perhaps but I still find their prices good for most things. I was just looking for a micro-SD card. They seem to be about 20% cheaper than I can find them locally (same brands/models compared).

Reply to
krw

Sears Canada just recently got their S--t together on their website too - electronic version of catalog shopping looks half decent. Take a look at sears.ca

Reply to
clare

I look at the text of the rating more than the rating itself. What exactly pissed the customer off? Often it's really a silly issue.

I ignore any ratings where there are only one or two people rating.

Reply to
krw

That's what DTV kept saying but they were unwilling/unable to fix it. I had the exact same problems with DISH in my previous house.

UVerse is no picnic, either, but at least I can get Internet worth having (even if agrvating at times). They aren't a picnic when there's a problem, either. My wife deals with them and has learned to ask for a supervisor, right off the bat. Don't even bother with the phone droid. We've called them so many times with problems that they even sent us a $200 VISA gift card. With these problems, they're still better than DTV or DISH.

Reply to
krw

They were affordable, and could be assembled by semi-skilled workers anywhere you could reach with a mule team.. They brought "quality housing" to a lot of areas where substandard housing was the norm.

All the engineering and design was done, and there was a WIDE choice, right up to the $5850 Magnolia - a veritable mansion, down to the $1700 Crescent bungalow. and the $1880 2 story Norwood.

Reply to
clare

But people taking them off is much more interesting than them putting them on. That's about the only thing California has going for it. ;-)

Reply to
krw

With some of today's high-tech winterware you don't have to look like the Michelin Man to be warm - and when it gets up above about 110 with humidity around 95% taking ALL your clothes off doesn't make you cool (in more ways than one)

Remember - from below -- My experience. .As the temperature and humidity go up, the speed and efficiency go WAY down. Even a 30MPH hot wind does NOTHING to cool you down!!! Standing in the spray of Mosi O Tunya cools you down temporarily - but you are not going to get any work done standing on the knife-back bridge.

Reply to
clare

Up here in Canad Canadian Tire has the best price/quality ratio, particularly if you can wait a few weeks and get what you need on sale. They also sell the Stanley tools - really clunky junk in comparison.

Reply to
clare

Well, there is nothing silly about ordering the wrong color. That is worth a 1 star rating. It is amazing how many people reveal their own stupidity by posting perceived problems.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That is my situation too - not using Amazon, but any internet source. There is a lot of stuff I can't buy for any price locally - that I end up odering "on line" - but if it is avaialble near by I choose to support my local businesses unless they are WAY out of line price-wise. The convenience of being able to see it and pick it up NOW is worth something. Not getting what you asked for can be bad enough buying locally - when ordering across country and getting the wrong stuff it is a TOTAL PAIN.

Reply to
clare

When they take them off do you have to put a dollar bill in the elastic?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski