Stanley buys B&D

found via
or
lou

Reply to
LouB

I thought of Stanley as decent quality tools.

I have no doubts regarding Black & Decker (who by the way, recently bought Porter tools). I'll never again give B&D or any of their other brands such as Dewalt my hard earned money in exchange for their garbage.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

Maybe some day they will be 'too big to fail'.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Stanley used to be a good quality tool. Not pro quality, but more then enough for the average home owner. In recent years, Stanley has been selling plastic worthless made in China junk. One day I realized that of all the garden tools I had broken in recent years, all of them were Stanley, and so I stopped buying Stanley tools.

It's a sad day for B&D...but then, B&D hasn't been all that great in recent years, either.

Where do you go for good quality made in USA tools these days? Is there anyone left that makes good quality tools?

Reply to
Zootal

On a nice soft cushion of yours and my money, compliments of DC

Reply to
Rick Samuel

They cut quality to compete. Your average consumer doesn't give a hoot about quality. All they want is the cheapest price. If you can buy Brand X for 15 cents less than Stanley, they buy Brand X.

Stanley was losing market share to the China crap, so they started painting China crap yellow and selling it as Stanley for a cheaper price. It's the only reason they're still in business.

Reply to
mkirsch1