Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

This is true but it is staring you in the face most of the time. Often you see the words, may be at a lower price by others. Click the link and the pricing goes all over the spectrum.

Reply to
Leon

Exactly, your time, retired or not is worth something.

Reply to
Leon

Me too, especially considering the Prime TV shows, not to mention the second day free shipping. The free over "what ever amount" typically took at least 5 days.

Reply to
Leon

LOL, that strategy payed off for them in your case. ;~) I have been tempted to do that on occasion and think to my self, am I really saving, money and or time, by buying from Amazon if I spend more than I intended?

With Prime I buy only what I need at the time. If I make 3 separate orders in one day they still ship for free.

Reply to
Leon

Yeahhhhh they dropped the house, car, motorcycle long before they had any real competition.

Reply to
Leon

You CAN have your foot measured and a boot or shoe made to fit but I don't think you would want to pay the price, at least $500, add another thousand for boots.

Reply to
Leon

On 1/6/2017 7:38 PM, Markem wrote: Snip

I remember the popcorn smell in Sears.

Reply to
Leon

I think you might have just caught on to the car buying technique. I bought our Chevy PU that way, in 1997. And I had the deal before I walked in the dealership.

I still have to test drive the vehicle and go through closing, I wish that only took 15 minutes.

LOL.... I remember about 20 years ago wondering why FAX was still being used over e-mail. Only now is Fax falling to e-mail and PDF's.

Reply to
Leon

On 1/6/2017 11:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote: Snip

Strange how that did not work for JCP but works for BB&B. We never buy anything at BB&B with out a 20% off coupon.

Reply to
Leon

And while that might sound like a lot, I think 3 or 4 quarterly losses out of the past 20 quarterly losses would eat that 900 million up.

Every town does not need multiple stores, get rid of the overages. I'm sure Sears will still profit from Craftsman sales and probably not as much but a store that is loosing money tends to stay that way and mostly because of over saturation. I go to stores farther away as the same brand that are closer stores very often.

Reply to
Leon

Are you really saving when you spend over $100 to join prime? In my case I don't watch much TV, so I wouldn't benefit by the TV shows. I prefer to spend it in the shop. I guess my wife would watch, but my high speed is limited to 6mb as I live out in the boonies.

I have noticed that with my son's Prime there are a lot of items that are ineligible to add to your cart on prime.. meaning you have to add more items before they will ship that on prime.. I would have to look back on my purchases to around april last year, but I had to pad an order for them to ship cerain things even through prime. Even though I had spent enough, those items did not add to the total b4 shipping. WTF!!!

I do think the 2 day is nice, he ordered a bunch of stuff for Christmas and had it shipped here. Often it came before 8:30 in the morn. Sometimes b4 8.

Reply to
woodchucker

In Houston we still have a few malls that you would dare step foot into but the enclosed shopping concept is loosing favor to the large strip centers. The problem with malls is that you don't know where to park and you cannot walk directly into the store you want to go to. A mall is like going to Ikea.

Reply to
Leon

Fax has an advantage over email in that it's point to point. So sending your SS # on a form is better done by Fax than email.

It's even more secure than a https form.

Reply to
woodchucker

Kind of a side note, but when I was in HS working at a local garage, we always got a laugh whenever two cars would come in for service with a Sears battery and IIRC, an Atlas battery. Back then, you had to check the electrolyte levels and these batteries had the cell caps (one cap covered 3 of the 6 cells) labeled with the brand.

The Sears batteries had the "Die" and "Hard" caps and the Atlas batteries had the "Start" and "Fast" caps.

The joke came when we would switch two of the caps making one battery a "Start Hard" and the other a "Die Fast".

Joke ended when the Boss man found out.... (We were young!)

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

I had the test drive a few months earlier. I took my Sonata to the dealer for something and they said their was an upgrade for the ECU and would like to do it. I gave the OK and shortly after they told me they blew it out. For a loaner, they gave me a Genesis. I had an outing with my wife planned for the next day so my test drive was about 150 miles.

When I decided to buy it was a matter of choosing color as I would get the Ultra package. I like all the goodies and it has plenty of them. I started with TruCar for price and talked to three dealers but went back to my original dealer to buy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I find that to be true most of the time but it is often worth checking things out. I recently bought a Citizen watch and checked Amazon but found it at others. You can also see why I don't go to the mall any more to shop at Zales and the like.

Jonashop $187 Amazon $278 Jet.com $218 Zales, on line or in store $375

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's $99 per year. And yes I do save in shipping alone. The benefit is

2 day delivery at no extra cost and for us Prime TV. If we only got Prime TV it would still be a deal compared to most any premium channel that you pay extra for. IIRC Netflix is $10 per month and HULU is $9 per month.

Plus Prime includes Prime music, free unlimited photo storage for 5 extra people.

A free Kindle book each month.

Many e-versions of magazines are free with Prime using a Kindle app on iOS or Android.

And Prime members get discount pricing on certain items that is not available to the non Prime member. I got my Amazon Echo a few years ago for $99.

Granted, Prime is not for everyone but it works out well for us.

On certain inexpensive items and many pantry type items you have to have a minimum for free 2 day shipping, I do not run into that very often.

Reply to
Leon

woodchucker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

It's a fair question, and if it wasn't for the Instant Video (works just fine on 6 mbps, it was usually decent on 3.) and maybe the music it wouldn't be worth it. I love the free shipping and use it quite often, but can wait another couple days for stuff to arrive.

The problem with the Instant Video and Music is that they're subscription services. That means you can watch something until they take it away from you. They might add it back later, but you'll never know because you removed it from your watch/play lists because you couldn't use it any more. It happens rather frequently.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I have a tape measure. Tell me how long and how wide your shoes are at key points and I'll measure my own foot. Use inches or centimeters, at least they're standardized the world over.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Amazon sells it for someone else. Some is stocked by Amazon, some is not. It is all sold via Amazon.

Yes, same as Walmart. I bought my earphones via Walmart but they were sold by someone else. In other words, Walmart has figured it out, Sears has not, and Amazon best watch their butt, or will be toast, just like Sears. If Amazon lets their retailers sell stuff at twice the price Walmart retailers charge, what do you think will happen?

I once bought a lathe chuck from Amazon, when it came, it was in a Harbor Freight box and had the Harbor Freight number on it. I stuck the number in at HF site and up popped the exact same item for 30% less. Made me chuckle as it was still cheap, but smart dude figured out to list the item on Amazon and buy them at HF. He probably just ordered from HF and had it sent to me, don't recall, but shows it pays not to trust Amazon, not something a retailer should promote.

Reply to
Jack