B&D Jobber

I just bought a second hand Black & Decker Jobber.

It's got 4 rubber feet, but the picture on the box shows it clamped to another surface with a couple of screw clamps.

There's a couple of holes under the front edge which might be for the clamps.

There were no clamps with the unit, but I could do with them so I can fix it to a bench.

Can anyone who owns one of these please tell me

- were the screw clamps included with the unit?

- if so, could you describe them?

TIA

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Usually the box or the instructions has a rundown of whats with thing.

Ebay has a listing of the jobber and does not list any additions with it ie just the jobber itself.

Reply to
George

The box makes no mention of clamps but shows them on the picture.

There were no instructions with it.

Yes, I found the one listed on eBay, but no mention of any clamps.

It's a mystery.

Reply to
Nick

Possibly irrelevant but Aldi had their own brand version at £12.99 last week and still seem to have them in stock:

's a link to Photobucket. The Aldi website shows this week's offers.)

Could you gather any info from that or, if you're thinking of sourcing spares from B&D, might it be cheaper to start again?

Reply to
Mick6

The jobber did come with 2 clamps, can't remember exactly what they were like, I think they were short threaded rods with wing nuts and some plastic fittings.

Reply to
John

Yes, I thought it might have. Probably 1/4" or 3/8" steel rod bent in a right angle with the long end threaded.

I'll improvise with some G clamps.

Thanks John.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Well I only gave £2.50 for the thing so sourcing spares probably wouldn't be cost effective, even if they were available!

Thanks for the link to Aldi though.

Reply to
Nick