Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

No, just made more expensive. I gave it up 40+ years ago. You can grow your own tobacco if you want.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you don't agree that some would use taxation to take away you rights, you may just not have seen high enough rates yet... Charge a "birth tax" and see if you can't affect population growth.

Reply to
Bill

The notion that airbags and abs were"public property" is based in the rather naive notion that patenting a device that has a certain function makes it impossible to patent improvements in such a device. If the airbags or antiskid brakes that were originally patented were actually viable in the market they would have gone into widespread service much sooner. The fact is that neither went into widespread service until patented technology was developed that made them sufficiently inexpensive and reliable to be viable in the market.

Reply to
J. Clarke

So? One is not obligated to have insurance, except for Obamacare and even that can be avoided by paying a tax penalty.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Certainly.

Maybe you have a table saw license?

Reply to
krw

Of course they can. They can refuse to insure my life, too. What exactly is you point?

Reply to
krw

You have a right to buy food an water, too. It's not free and usually taxed. I still don't get your point.

Reply to
krw

No one said that taxes don't change behavior. Only lefties believe that twaddle.

OTOH, death taxes haven't stopped people from dying. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I FIX the damned things.

Absolutely convinced. Have you ever had to deal with Mercedes Benz???

Reply to
clare

I mentioned the recyclable trash bags that the City of Houlston requires for yard waste. they are patented and required by the city if you are going to throw away yard waste.

While not a vehicle component it is an example of a product that has to be used with the city's approval code, if you are going to throw yard refuse away.

Reply to
Leon

GM was never able to (permanently) fix the ABS on my 2001 GMC truck. After numerous repairs and almost killing me several times on dry pavement, I gave up and pulled the ABS fuse to prevent them going off under normal breaking conditions.

All you need is to have the ABS go off on a dry day on concrete at 50 mph when attempting to make a routine stop behind a line of traffic. This was apparently common with GM as two inspection garages told me it was common and most just pull the fuse and disable the ABS. That "fixed" it, so next, the brake lines rusted out.

When your braking ability suddenly is reduced to 50% for no apparent reason other than the ABS deciding to activate for no reason, you learn quickly just how much force your brake peddle can handle w/o breaking/bending. Trust me, it is a lot.

GM recalled my truck for the tailgate straps that could (but didn't) rust. No problem with ABS brake failure, or brake lines rusting out, but sure wouldn't want tailgate to drop 6 inches. How is it I have stainless steel exhaust but break lines on every GM product I've owned have rusted out?

Reply to
Jack

Protecting the margin and ignoring the prefered winter treatment on asphalt and concrete.

Reply to
Markem

Why is it when a lot of people engage in a topic they find interesting, someone attempts to impose their personal disinterest on the rest of the group. Why can't you just skip the topics you are not interested in, that's what most people would do?

You are free to open or participate in anything you are interested in, although some would like you to do an intensive Google search to make sure any issues have not already been covered somewhere on the net before mentioning them here.

Reply to
Jack

Contrary to popular belief, stainless steel corrodes under the right circumstances. If you want it to last you have to keep it pretty clean.

Also look into recall 05V379000.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I guess the refuse bags sort of, kind of meet what I was asking. Although I doubt plastic bags are patented. They are specifically marked for Housto n use. But anyone could make a similar bag out of petroleum and put the sa me markings on the bag and sell it for refuse use in Houston. And I suspec t other landfills in your area or another county will accept yard waste wit hout the specific Houston bag. I'm guessing the bags are required only if you want the city of Houston to pick up the waste from your curb. You are buying their service and are required to use their procedures. When I buy my cable TV I have to use their receiver box. With waste pickup its built into the water bill you get each month so not really a choice. In my city for picking up Christmas trees on the curb you have to buy a special ribbon and tie it onto the tree for the city workers to pick up the tree. Can't remember how we do yard waste. Might be the same as Houston.

Reply to
russellseaton1

I found the topic quite interesting the first time it generated a massive response. Even the second time gave me a few more snippets of info. But now it just elicits an "Oh no, not again" response.

In other words, it's not that the topic isn't of interest, it's that its been beaten to death already. Now if you're a newbie, I forgive you. You haven't seen all the previous incarnations. But what I see is mostly the same posters with the same opinions they've had since the beginning.

I wonder if some of them have any time left to do woodworking?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

But Larry, the same could be said about, why is my finish doing such and such. What brand such and such do you use? Most any question or topic you see here has surly been covered a dozen times. If topics were not repeated there would be no conversation.

Well, I tend to defend the SawStop regardless of how it got there and I might be considered a newby, I have only been posting here for 18 years. And I seem to be one of the very few that actually post pictures of my projects on a regular basis. So you know that I am building. It just might be the ones that are not building that do not have enough actual experience to have a valid/relevant opinion.

Not jumping you!, I'm just saying in general. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:45:27 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: ...snip...

...snip...

I carry mine over to the woods across the street and toss it down the hill. By the next season, it's all composted down to nothing.

35 years and have never bagged a leaf (and we have a lot of trees!) or grass clipping. :-)

I give and I take. The woods are a great source of kindling for our fire pit. There's some downed trees too, but the hill is way too steep to bring anything up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You are not being specific with the SS you mentioned but it will indeed rust if a magnet will stick to it.

Reply to
Leon

Well a reasonable person would assume that. IIRC the bags had a patent pending number, had a seal, Approved by the city of Houston. There were/are several other heavier/thicker mil recycleable refuse bags available and much less expensive. But if you used those bags a warning label was attached and the bag was not picked up. The really unfortunate thing about the city of Housotn bags was that they were so thin that the humidity/condensation would cause them to begin melting from sitting out for just one one night and totally forget it it rained. And of course those that failed because of the moisture were left for the home owner to clean up.

And I suspect other landfills in your area or

Absolutely, I live out side of the Houston city limits NOW and simply dump the grass in a 45 gas 4 mil contractors bag and put it in with the regular trash container.

I'm guessing the bags are required only if you want the city of

The city does not care which bag you use for normal trash, they want yard waste to be handled separately for recycling purposes. If you live in the city limits you have no separate bill for trash pick up. And no really had a problem with that except for the more expensive, smaller, and thinner bags you had to use.

When I buy my

And I can understand that, but you have a "reasonable" choice to use cable or another service. No other trash pick up service is offered and you get no credit for taking trash to the dump yourself.

With waste pickup its

And I would have no problem with that as it is only once a year and the ribbon does not fail more than 50% of the time.

The yard waste bags, specific to Houston, was something that happen just before the mayor left office and his fingers along with a cloud of suspicion were associated.

There was no reason in the world that better bags could not be used.

To give a fair comparison, you mentioned cable. The cable company makes you use their box, the only one they offer you is the lowest quality and at a premium price. Your neighbor across the street gets the better quality box at a reduced price.

Reply to
Leon