Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/benchtop-tools/the-fate-of-reaxx_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_020717%20 (1)&heΎc4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net says...

That would be wonderful.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:50:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?
IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <a426cc09-91ce-4c80-8853-e44571ca2ad9

You can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean you'll win.
We just want something horrible to happen to Gass.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 9:05:18 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

I'm offended by that answer. My attorney will be in touch with your attorney.
Expect a letter from Screwem Goode & Hart

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/7/2017 9:05 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Speak for yourself. The man offered all the companies the licensing rights. none took him up on it.
I don't begrudge him. You do.. that's your problem.
His patent covers the method of detection too, which REAXX used. same as a gfci... I guess Gass was smart enough to cover that.
--
Jeff

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/8/2017 1:07 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Maybe. I have no idea of the terms he wanted. Over the years so patents were offered free of royalty because they had the potential to save lives. Being a generous sort of guy, I once offered a meal to a starving homeless person for only $30. http://jalopnik.com/volvo-gave-away-their-most-important-invention-to-save-1069825878
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/8/2017 2:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That's a great story.
Today you have lane departure, auto braking, all are covering with patents and you pay for it in the car purchase.
So things have changed quite a bit.
I would have given the homeless guy a free meal, I would not have charged him the $30 ;-)
--
Jeff

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/8/2017 2:49 PM, woodchucker wrote:

My lawyer said I'm entitled to a profit.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I did something similar, but didn't charge him the $30. About a week later, a holy man came to my door. Just like you, my lawyer told me I was entitled to a prophet.
Puckdropper
βœ–
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 5:04:51 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

You are obviously not an atheist.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 2:37:36 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That gesture was over half a century ago. I'm curious as to whether Volvo would be so quick to give away their City Safety technology today.
I have no idea how it compares with other auto-braking technologies out there, but that's not the point. In an apples-to-apples modern day comparison, do you know if Volvo is giving away what they call their "in-house developed unique technology for avoiding low-speed collisions"? I don't think they are, so why not use that as a comparable to the Saw-Stop situation instead of a 50+ year old gesture?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/8/2017 3:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

There are newer cases but I chose not to take the time to look them up. Elon Musk is giving away some technology to helf electric vehicles expand in the marketplaceIt was an example. Anyone wanting more should find there own.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <bf2808e1-6340-44e8-800e-f0585fa92f44

When you say "Volvo" you mean "Zhejiang Geely Holding Group". Volvo ceased to exist as an indpendent company in 1999.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/8/2017 8:35 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

And what does that have to do with anything.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <I6WdnS3nNaZo6gHFnZ2dnUU7-
says...

Since you were discussing the likely behavior of a nonexistent company it has quite a lot to do woth anything.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/9/2017 9:45 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Are you saying that SawStop does not exist? I made no comments about Volvo. Try to keep up, Life might be easier for you.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 9:35:05 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

im up

-save-1069825878

vo would be so

there, but that's

w if Volvo is giving

iding low-speed

e to the Saw-Stop

How is it that you know what *I* meant? Are you a mind reader?
In any case...
From: http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/our-company/heritage/innovations
Copyright Β© 2017 Volvo Car Corporation (or its affiliates or licensors ).
2008 – City Safety
"Here are some amazing statistics – 75% of all reported collisions take place at speeds of up to 30km/h and in 50% of rear-enders, the driver behind hasn’t braked at all. We saw an opportunity to make a great difference – our City Safety system uses laser detection to work ou t whether a collision with the car in front is likely, and if the driver doesn’t brake, the car will do it. And the system works up to 50km/ h."
Hint: I don't really care who the parent company of Volvo Cars is. When I said Volvo, I meant Volvo.
http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/our-company/investor-relations/financia l-results
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <abcadb55-9a41-4a69-bb74-f991ea42fa73

Believe that the Chinese ownership makes no difference in decisionmaking if you want to. You probably think that Ford didn't exert any control either.
Add pictures here
βœ–