Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

(1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632

Reply to
Leon

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wait a minute...there is hope.

The article states this:

"The decision of the ITC will now move to the United States Trade Represent ative (USTR), as delegated by the President, who must approve or disapprove the I TC?s final decision in sixty (60) days. The USTR rarely goes against the ITC, ha ving disapproved of the ITC?s determination once in nearly 30 years."

If the past few weeks are any indication, it may not be "business as usual" (minor pun intended) in Washington. Recent events seem to indicate that we can no longer let history be our guide.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That would be wonderful.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?

IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean you'll win.

We just want something horrible to happen to Gass.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm offended by that answer. My attorney will be in touch with your attorney.

Expect a letter from Screwem Goode & Hart

Reply to
DerbyDad03

After reading Gass' patents, I didn't see how anyone could get around them. They are *really* broad and without a *huge* pile of cash, Gass was in an unassailable position WRT patents.

I don't see how anyone can sue Gass. They could buy a SawStop.

Reply to
krw

Bosch is a smaller saw easily taken to the jobsite. Not so much for SawStop.

SawStop is a good product. Gass in more interested in making money than saving fingers or he would be selling his technology at reasonable prices so the world would be a safer place.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And he would have happily greeted Bosch's alternative design instead of going after them with lawyers.

But he's a scum sucking bottom ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^^H^Hlawyer himself.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Really?

True, but not relevant (as a lawyer would say) to this particular lawsuit discussion.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Its just the absurdity if holding a grudge for a person that long.

Reply to
Leon

Actually SawStop has a contractors job site saw and it is less expensive than the Bosch.

Who is more interested in making money in the above example? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

ooohhhh you are sooo emotional LOL ROTHL

Reply to
Leon

I was unaware of that model.

Relevance and 12 jurors are different things. If a big company is a bad guy, relevance, truth, and fact mean little.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Absolutely true but with the fact that SawStop is so successful, it is obvious that the vast majority will see SS as the good guy. There are only a handful of people with issues that don't seem to be able to let things go. Those type jurors would most likely be eliminated during jury selection.

Reply to
Leon

It *always* means the lawyers are going to get rich. It then comes down to who has the bigger pocket (don't forget, lawyers are paid for out of *profit*).

Reply to
krw

Grudge? What's a gruge got to do with it? Once a scum-sucking lawyer, always a scum-sucking lawer. There is no statute of limitations on staying clear of bottom-feeding rent-seeking scum.

Reply to
krw

Speak for yourself. The man offered all the companies the licensing rights. none took him up on it.

I don't begrudge him. You do.. that's your problem.

His patent covers the method of detection too, which REAXX used. same as a gfci... I guess Gass was smart enough to cover that.

Reply to
woodchucker

Wrong , sawstop makes a jobsite saw.

So you don't like the capitalistic system? He offered the license.. no one took it. He patented it like normal inventors do, now you don't like that. GET REAL

Reply to
woodchucker